[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell was Einstein talking about here? Is the field the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: unnamed.png (35KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
35KB, 384x384px
What the hell was Einstein talking about here? Is the field the wave function? If not, what field is it
>>
>>8511551
spacetime
rather than express gravity as a definition for matter, einstien preferred gravity to be an inherent property of the field of spacetime. by doing so, the definition of matter crumbles and all that's left is "the field" of spacetime
>>
>>8511565
Why is that? How can I conclude that matter is made up of fields by saying gravity is s property of space-time?

Also, I have another question, I heard somewhere that the wave function is a field, hence matter is a field, is this true? Thanks in advance
>>
>>8511619
>Engineer

I am assuming that you are an engineer.

Math is the language that physics is spoken in. The more math that you understand, the more physics will make sense to you. "Field" has an entirely different meaning in this context. And your question about matter illustrates a fundamental misunderstanding of both.

What I'm getting at is I'm not equipped to answer your question until you know more math.
>>
>>8511736
Sorry for the name engineer I put it to make fun of someone back in the days and it stocked. I'm actually last year physics undergrad, what kind of math is required to have a proper answer?
>>
>>8511736
that's a bullshit cop out. you just can't answer the question
>>
File: 1480195506683.jpg (48KB, 1024x752px) Image search: [Google]
1480195506683.jpg
48KB, 1024x752px
>>8511951

I'd assume some abstract algebra, topology, and tensor analysis
>>
>>8511736
You are the worst kind of scientist
>>
>>8511736
Albert Einstein — 'You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother.'
>>
>>8512149

I also can't explain quantum mechanics to someone who doesn't know differential equations. My inability to answer the question in general does not effect whether or not I can explain it to you.

>>8512626

Why do you think prerequisite classes exist? Hint: it's not so the university can squeeze more money out of you by making you stay longer.

>>8512736

A casual google search demonstrates this is false attribution. Never mind that it is a bullshit vacuous sentiment. You try explaining QFT to your grandmother.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.