[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any scientific evidence for Jungian archetype theory/collective

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1480633739184.png (461KB, 469x526px) Image search: [Google]
1480633739184.png
461KB, 469x526px
Is there any scientific evidence for Jungian archetype theory/collective unconsciousness?
>>
>>8511034

not jungian but you might find this interesting.

http://brain.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2010/02/28/brain.awq010.full
>>
>>8511047
I'm mainly curious about Jung because Jordan Peterson talks about him a lot.
>>
>>8511034

No. The US Army did an exhaustive survey of the theory, and found it had zero (0) predictive power or correlation with other known psychological traits.
>>
>>8511310
Wut? Archetypes and the collective unconscious have nothing to do with psychological traits, so to refer to them as "other psychological traits" is meaningless. But thanks for putting the (0) in in case we didn't know what zero meant, or if we were a bit bored and needed some dramatic effect... Jung did also talk about personality types and defined 8.
>>
>>8511295
what did he say? i only know that he was on joe rogan recently but didnt watch
>>
>>8511412
He's a Jungian.
>>
>>8511850

sounds like a dick.
>>
>>8511886
Exactly what a Freudian would say.
>>
>>8511034
bump for terence mckenna
>>
>>8511904

im a fristonian.
>>
>>8511047
I can't understand a single thing in that abstract, did writer jack off into a thesaurus?
>>
>>8511034
How would you classify the reports of certain drug experiences?

For instance people who have been given DMT
report highly similar images seen while under the effects of this chemical.

people with no previous communication reporting seeing similar imagery.

Check this out.

A few years ago I had a vivid dream of a scene of a fire with multiple emergency response vehicles present. victims on stretchers, fore hoses and water everywhere.

Upon waking I turned on the TV and saw a news report of a major fire at a nightclub that night where 100 people died. the footage being shown was highly similar to that I had dreamed.

I was extremely impressed that somehow my unconscious mid was indeed receptive to some impression from that event though it was around 100 miles away.

Some common field?
>>
>>8512252
you heard the news while sleeping

alternatively, dumb coincidence

back to /x/ freak
>>
File: echoes.jpg (795KB, 1344x756px) Image search: [Google]
echoes.jpg
795KB, 1344x756px
>>8512261
the TV wasn't on until I turned it on

Let's just stipulate I am being truthful.. can we do that?
>>
>>8512222

admittedly, you'll want some background in neuroscience and the free energy principle stuff it is based on to read the paper.
>>
>>8511412
He has some lectures on his youtube channel if you're interested
>>
>>8512252
>For instance people who have been given DMT
>report highly similar images seen while under the effects of this chemical.
>people with no previous communication reporting seeing similar imagery.

This is just proof that the human brain reacts similarily to the drug regardless of the individual.
It's the literally the same thing as saying that amphetamines make people more alert and focus or that weed makes people relaxed, regardless of having no previous communication reporting feeling similiar feelings.

Do you not understand how chemistry works?

>>/x/
>>
>>8511295
both are frauds who enjoy talking a lot and having the captive audience of people who enjoy talking a lot.
>>
>>8512410
>frauds
idiot
>>
>>8511034
>Is there any scientific evidence for Jungian archetype theory/collective unconsciousness?

Yes, quite.

Probably hasn't been peer reviewed yet, though.
>>
>>8512643
what? lies.
>>
>>8512720
>what? lies.

That's just what you think.
>>
>>8512643
What's the evidence?
>>
File: 21476632.png (260KB, 563x542px) Image search: [Google]
21476632.png
260KB, 563x542px
>>8513526
>What's the evidence?

Gee, friend... I don't know.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.