[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>studying for Physics Exam >want to know how to derive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (2KB, 220x161px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2KB, 220x161px
>studying for Physics Exam
>want to know how to derive q(t) for an LC circuit
>keep fucking up

Any help anons?
I keep doing the integration out and not getting it right but I believe the correct answer is

Q(t) = q_0 cos(ωt)

How do we get to that conclusion?
>>
for that circuit, the L and C part are independent
>>
I = C.dV/dt => dI/dt = C.d^2V/dt^2
V = -L.dI/dt = -L.C.d^2V/dt^2
=> V=V0*sin(w*t+phi) where w=1/sqrt(L.C)
V0 and phi are determined by initial conditions (capacitor voltage and inductor current at t=0).

Charge is given by Q=C.V.
>>
>>8506437
there's no source and assumed initial conditions are always 0 therefore q(t) = 0
>>
>>8506475
Assuming there is an induced current through the circuit, and also we are trying to determine the charge at any time t
>>
>>8506472
>V = -L.C.d^2V/dt^2
Do we plug this into Q=CV and do the integration?
>>
>write DE of L
>write DE of C
>Kirchoff 2
>find general solution
>apply IC

Profit?
>>
>>8506472
Okay so I solved V_0 = (Q_0)/C and plugged it back in for the V equation and used that in the derivative. I plug ω = 1/sqrt(LC) into the final result and get

Q(t) = (Q_0)sin(ωt)

I think the original V equation should be cos(ωt) to get the correct equation?
>>
>>8506507
> I think the original V equation should be cos(ωt) to get the correct equation?
You missed out calculating phi (the phase angle), which will be pi/4 if I(0)=0.

V=V0*sin(w*t+phi)
I = C.dV/dt = C*w*V0*cos(w*t+phi)

V/I = sin(w*t+phi)/C*w*cos(w*t+phi)
= tan(w*t+phi)/(w*C)
=> phi = atan(w*C*V(0)/I(0))

If V(0)=0,I(0)=/=0, V = +/-sin, I = +/- cos
If V(0)=/=0,I(0)=0, V = +/-cos, I = +/- sin
>>
>>8506437
Q=C*v
v=Ldi/dt=Ld^2Q/dt^2
Q/C=Ld^2Q/dt^2
Q*L/C=d^2Q/dt^2
Q*L/C=d^2Q/dt^2
Q(t)=A*cos(sqrt(L/C)t)+B*sin(sqrt(L/C)t)
>>
File: some circuit shit.png (118KB, 2158x1205px) Image search: [Google]
some circuit shit.png
118KB, 2158x1205px
I'll let you work this integral out
>>
>>8508084
Oh wait, I'm a moron, rework those parallel impedances. That's obviously wrong. It'll only change your Z.

I think you'll have (ωL/ωC)/((1/ωC)+ωL)
>>
How do you faggots remember this stuff after you pass the class? I fucking forgot it all the second the semester ended.
>>
>>8506437
By any chance do you go to college in a cold place?
>>
>>8506437
>how to derive q(t)

just talk to her, bro
>>
>>8506437
which uni do you go to breh?

im studying for this shit as well
>>
Also q(t) = q_0 cos(wt) is what you get when you solve the second order differential equation equation of the LRC circuit I believe.
>>
>>8509377
I always had this problem, fuck circuits. I always had to re learn everything for those courses.
>>
>>8510439
I don't think we go to the same uni. I had my quiz/exam on 11/30. Good luck to you /sci/bro. None of this circuit stuff was even on it
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.