[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This might be utterly retarded but: Given we'd have the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (10KB, 1030x412px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
10KB, 1030x412px
This might be utterly retarded but:

Given we'd have the technology to travel faster than light and catch up to let's say 100 year old light, could we somehow with today's technology view events that happened in 1916?

Since energy's never lost those reflected photos would carry "view-able" information, no?
>>
>>8505191
>Given we'd have the technology to travel faster than light

this is the equivalent of saying:

>Given that God exists
>Do you think he is the type of person you'd want to have a beer with?
>>
File: react.png (46KB, 350x356px) Image search: [Google]
react.png
46KB, 350x356px
>>8505191
do we have THIS detailed imagery of 100 ly objects at this moment with current technology?
the answer to your question is the same as to mine, whatever it be

also
>implying FTL now
>>
>>8505222

Meaning to say, your answer is literally whatever you want it to be. Physics dont work like you described. So if you want to through physics out the window entirely then certainly it is entirely up to you to decide on whatever laws you want to take it's place.
>>
>Given we'd have the technology to travel faster than light

Please stop
>>
>>8505191
God I fucking hate people who end questions with "no?"
>>
>>8505191
>Since energy's never lost those reflected photos would carry "view-able" information, no?
not if the light interfered with matter as the information then will eventually be lost
>>
>>8505191
Sure, the photons would still be there

But!
>the photons would be in a 100-light-year radius around the event, which is unimaginably large area
>some of the photons would have hit space dust, or could have hit planets/other celestial objects
>photons would have been deflected by gravity, so calculating their path would be enormously complex
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.