[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'if there is no color in space, why are pictures of earth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

'if there is no color in space, why are pictures of earth taken from the orbit always colored?
>>
>>8502000
nice digits, brohio

and to answer your question, are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>8502000
he does look like a rich faggot doesn't he. good on him.
>>
They are Photoshop colored
>>
>>8502148
Actually photos of the Earth are colorized according to radiation in the gamma wavelengths of the light spectrum.
So while the colors are false, they are based off of actual light/radiation, and aren't just arbitrary "artist's conception" shit.
t. Astrophysics graduate
>>
>if there is no color in space

I know this is a troll thread but is there actually anything behind this
>>
>>8502352
No
>>
>>8502343
>gamma wavelengths
nigga what? does the earth really give off that much gamma radiation?
Pretty sure they just use the UV-NIR range
>>
the doppler shift effect causes objects in space to appear as though they had color
>>
>>8502000
Pretty ridiculous at this point how hard he tries to look young and hip.
>>
>>8502000
are saying astronauts see Earth in black and white from the ISS? wait, black and white are colors aslo... so how they see Earth from there?
>>
>>8503267
legitimate astronaut here. you see earth in black and white. you see everything in black and white, not only earth.
>>
>>8502384
No it doesn't. The majority of pictures that the average person will recognize as earth will be of the relfected light in the visible spectrum.
t. Actual astrophysics grad
>>
can someone explain me the difference between astronaut and astrophysicist?

isn't astronaut actually an astrophysicist with physical condition good enough to be able to go into space?
>>
Wow, OP. Never occurred to you that you're looking at these pictures WHILE YOU'RE ON EARTH?

Take them into space, and they turn black and white.
>>
>>8503891
Astrophysicists study space, astronauts study shit while in space. Technically, an astronaut doesn't have to study anything, they just have to have the skills to pilot the spacecraft. And astrophysicists don't have to study space, they just have to study physics and be able to apply that to space, which is pretty easy because space consists of everything we can study on earth and more.
>>
>theres no color is space
k
>>
>>8503909
found someone who has never been to space
>>
>>8503953
im literally in space right now
btfo
>>
>>8503955
yeah in your mothers basement. get the fuck out of here, grown ups are talking.
>>
>>8503956
> grown ups are talking.
sure fooled me, hun ;)
>>
File: FB_IMG_1480238139944.jpg (33KB, 400x585px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1480238139944.jpg
33KB, 400x585px
>>8503909
We all know about The Color Out Of Space, right? Right.
>>
>>8502000
if there is no ass in vagina, why are you a raging faggot?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.