[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DUTCH PROFESSOR ERIK VERLINDE OVERTURNS EISENSTEIN'S MO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (49KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 500x750px
DUTCH PROFESSOR ERIK VERLINDE OVERTURNS EISENSTEIN'S MODEL
NEW FORMULA DERIVED FROM THE HOLOGRAPHIC PRINCIPLE ANSWERS THE QUESTION OF "DARK ENERGY", AND SUPERSEDES EINSTEINIAN SPACE-TIME.
Dutch prodigy and Amsterdam University Professor Erik Verlinde published a paper on arXiv yesterday, November 7, titled "Emergent Gravity and the Dark Universe." In the paper, Verlinde derives gravity from the so-called Holographic Principle, which – simply put – states that gravity emerges from the interplay between and entropy re-arrangement of sub-atomic "strings" that live in a negatively curved spacetime. At that level […] spacetime and gravity are emergent from an underlying microscopic description in which they have no a priori meaning." Most importantly, Verlinde's paper has as a consequence that dark matter, nemesis of many an astronomer, is nothing more than an illusion. Verlinde, who was awarded the Dutch national Spinoza science prize in the recent past, already completed the tour de force of deriving Newtonian gravity from the same principles in a 2010 paper, also on arXiv. We are probably looking at Nobel-prize material here, as Verlinde is acknowledged by his peers to "go one better than Einstein's General Theory of Relativity."
http://phys.org/news/2016-11-theory-gravity-dark.html
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1611.02269.pdf
Trump BTFO's the Jewish media, and a Dutchman BTFO's Jewish physics. All within 48 hours.
>>
>>8500860Bumpo
>>
File: Lubo__Motl_400x400.jpg (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Lubo__Motl_400x400.jpg
27KB, 400x400px
http://motls.blogspot.ca/2016/11/verlindes-de-sitter-mond-is-highly.html

> Verlinde's de Sitter MOND is highly incomplete, to say the least

> But within weeks, it became clear that his theory was just a wrong collection of speculations and misunderstandings about the relationships between the fundamental concepts of physics.

>I wouldn't okay this wrong piece of work as an undergraduate term paper but he got 6.5 millions of euros for this absolutely worthless pile of feces so many people who are impressed by the money but don't have an idea about science – which includes virtually all journalists – started to think that Verlinde is a top physicist. And he may have decided that he must justify the award by producing even greater piles of bogus hype.

>
At any rate, I do believe that if you're thinking about reading Erik Verlinde's paper but you're not certain and you have read my abstract, you may save the time because it's unlikely that you will find something important yet sensible there. I think that he wrote 51 pages primarily to create the illusion that he's doing "lots of work" on his "revolutionary" ideas. But there's really no content that would be proportional to the volume (to 51 pages) here. ;-)
>>
File: 1263938280347.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1263938280347.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
>>8500860
>dark matter is literal meme
>meme drive actually works
Have physicits ever been so BTFO in a single year?
>>
>>8500860
>yesterday, November 7
But yesterday wasn't 7.... It was 26...

>DUTCH PHYSICST BEATS EINSTIEN
No, just no.

>Most importantly, Verlinde's paper has as a consequence that dark matter, nemesis of many an astronomer, is nothing more than an illusion
>We are probably looking at Nobel-prize material here
The problem is that his theory does NOT match the data we have: http://motls.blogspot.de/2010/01/erik-verlinde-why-gravity-cant-be.html
>>
>>8500860
Kinda looks like CIA
>>
File: cia.png (78KB, 424x480px) Image search: [Google]
cia.png
78KB, 424x480px
>>8500891
>>
that guy look like is fox mulders dad

also note, this theory not new, many have theorized dark matter is hidden side effect of holographic principle

if remember properly, it is simple derivation from simple string theory, though hard to discover
>>
>>8500875

Motl's avatarfagging now?
>>
>>8500860
>You'll never pleasure a famous person orally

I just want to be a good boy, and be praised, why is it so hard to find a dom to punish and cherish you?
>>
gravity isnt real. its a concept.

graviton: In theoretical physics, the graviton is a hypothetical elementary particle that mediates the force
>>
is he /our guy/?
>>
What's the next step in his master thesis
>>
>>8501093
>gravity is a social construct
>>
>>8500860
who tf is eisenstein? the filmmaker?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.