[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where were you when you realized that the universe is electric

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

Where were you when you realized that the universe is electric in nature and the 4 fundamental forces are actually just 4 distinct effects of electricity
>>
>>8500848
>Crank posts something on the internet with nothing to back it up

Dropped.
>>
That's not what I learned in school.
>>
File: V130.jpg (22KB, 432x436px) Image search: [Google]
V130.jpg
22KB, 432x436px
>>8500862
>proof
It's been in your face the whole time.

Ever tried to solve for Big G?

>>8500865
I know right?
>>
>>8500848
I don't know about that but if you want to be a villain number one, you have to catch a superhero on the run!
>>
>>8500871
[eqn] F = \frac { G M } { r^2 } \implies \frac { r^2 F } { M } = G [/eqn]

It's right there, bro. It's been in front of [math] your [/math] face this whole time. All you needed was basic algebra.
>>
File: rosetta-comet-lander.jpg (90KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
rosetta-comet-lander.jpg
90KB, 620x349px
>>8500848
Landing a probe on what said theory predicts is a ball of plasma.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heiznYx-Ryk
>>
File: 1472147451071.gif (956KB, 350x291px) Image search: [Google]
1472147451071.gif
956KB, 350x291px
>>8500892
Someone prove him wrong please quick please I'm not ready for this
>>
>>8500848
>Where were you when you realized that the universe is electric in nature and the 4 fundamental forces are actually just 4 distinct effects of electricity
Let's see the 4 fundamental forces:
1. Electromagnetism: One could say that this is the only case were OP is right.... But I am a firm believer in magnetic monopoles, so he is wrong.
2 Strong interactions: Strong interaction are described by Yang-Mills theory. One could argue that this is a generalization of electromagnetism to a more general non-abelian gauge group. But there are enough differences (not only subtleties) to say that it's not electromagnetism.
3. Weak interactions: we can make the same argument as in strong interactions, but here the thing is more complex, because all the gauge bosons are massive. This is because there is mixing between weak interactions and electromagnetism (Electroweak theory, Higgs mechanism and all that). Therefore we can say that weak interactions have some part of electromagnetism (at least the Z boson, the W^+ and W^- don't), but it's different.
4. Gravity: the "weird one". Why? Because gravity is not a Yang-Mills theory, it has to be described with Fierz-Pauli where we have a "gauge boson" with spin 2 instead of spin 1. Therefore it's obviously not "electric in nature".
>>
>>8500946
all 4, just electricty

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLG4RbIt5yY
>>
>>8500892
>Why don't we reproduce the Cavendish experiment

Because it's tedious as fuck a pain in the ass to set up (a fucking breeze will fuck up your results) and ultimately not fantastically accurate.
>Source: I had to do it for a lab.

I also had to a repeat of Coulombs experiment, it had many of the same issues.

From the rest of his little rant against why we aren't repeating the experiment today, it's simple there are much better, much more accurate ways to measure G. With that in mind it's reproduced in many different university all over the world as an undergraduate lab, here's the University of Arizona's lab sheet for it.

http://www.physics.arizona.edu/~haar/ADV_LAB/BIG_G.pdf

>This is why we theorise the earth has an iron core.
No it isn't, we claim it has a solid iron core because of the way p-waves and s-waves travel through the earth.

>How do we know that Cavendish didn't just guess the mass of the earth

FUCKING SERIOUSLY? I sat though half an hour of that shit just have this cunt claim that Cavendish, apropos of nothing, managed to guess (accurately!) the mass of the earth. Fuck that's a weak argument even for youtube """""""""scientists""""""""".

>>8500919
There's nothing to refute, he's asking why in the 21st century we don't reproduce a 200 year old experiment, and instead use modern and more accurate methods and tools.
>>
>>8500881
Lrn2acceleration, Sir Isaac
>>
>>8500954
>www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLG4RbIt5yY [Embed]

Let's see
>It's light a particle or a wave?
Why not both?

>It's matter a particle or a wave?
Why not both? Do you even QM?

>The fields shown around the green photon are electromagnetic fields of opposite polarity
Do you even classical EM? Not at the level that the photon is the generator of the electromagnetic interaction, but because the photon is NEUTRAL, therefore there is no interaction between photons (at tree level), therefore it cannot generate electromagnetic field.

>Until now we've incorrectly assume that electrons and other matter have an electromagnetic field as shown in this drawing (usual picture of electron spinning and generating a B) but we must realize that the fields around the electron [...] are actually (my crappy theory)
Because all the physicist that made experiments with electrons in the beginning of the XX century using cathodic rays where wrong.... And TV manufacturers where have lied to us during decades...

And all of this only in the first 5 minutes.... I refuse to continue looking at that stupid video.

>>8500972
>FUCKING SERIOUSLY? I sat though half an hour of that shit just have this cunt claim that Cavendish
I think you have been a very brave person.... I only watched 5 minutes of the second one and I was not able to continue.... Too much nonsense...
>>
>>8500848
Gluons and bosons are electrons? R u fokin dim m8?
>>
>>8500848
Where was I?
In the back of paramedic truck. After getting hit by a car and sustaining a brain injury, I perceived and understood all of the Universe, down to 42. You, OP?
>>
>>8500954
>As I was looking for inspiration I turned to CERN and the LHC and I noticed something remarkable...ONE OF THEIR BUILDINGS HAS A DOME, so I built a couple of dome shaped cups. Then I noticed something else....OTHER BUILDINGS HAVE DOMES...It's like some ancient knowledge or some shit from God.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>>
File: retard.jpg (54KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
54KB, 604x453px
>>8500848
>Where were you when you realized that the universe is electric in nature and the 4 fundamental forces are actually just 4 distinct effects of electricity
>>
>>8500848
But anon electromagnetism is caused by the electron and last thing i checked reality is not made of electrons so your hypothesis is a load of bullshit.
>>
File: whynotboth.jpg (32KB, 636x396px) Image search: [Google]
whynotboth.jpg
32KB, 636x396px
>>8501969
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.