[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Still haven't memorized the times tables >Still count

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 1480254797086.png (42KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1480254797086.png
42KB, 499x338px
>Still haven't memorized the times tables
>Still count with my fingers
>>
I refused to memorize the times tables in elementary school because I realized it was just iterative addition and that I could always use a calculator.

I also refused to learn cursive as well.

Damn it feels good not to be a brainlet.
>>
File: 0034.png (197KB, 394x529px) Image search: [Google]
0034.png
197KB, 394x529px
>>8500284
post more chen, chenposter
>>
>>8500289
>Damn it feels good to voluntarily be a brainlet.
ftfy
>>
>>8500289
>I realized it was just iterative addition

>"Multiplication has been erroneously called a compendious method of performing addition: whereas it is the taking, or repeating of one given number as many times, as the number by which it is to be multiplied, contains units. Thus, 9 x 3 means that 9 is to be taken 3 times, or that the measure of multiplication is 3; again, 9 x 1/2 means that 9 is to be taken half a time, or that the measure of multiplication is 1/2. In multiplication there are two factors, which are sometimes called the multiplicand and the multiplier. These, it is evident, may reciprocally change places, and the product will still be the same: for 9 x 3 = 3 x 9, and 9 x 1/2 = 1/2 x 9."

>"Hence it appears, that numbers may be diminished by multiplication, as well as increased, in any given ratio, which is wholly inconsistent with the nature of Addition..."

-Euler, "The Elements of Algebra," translated from the French by Francis Horner, Esq.
>>
File: Dr_Evil.jpg (106KB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
Dr_Evil.jpg
106KB, 720x304px
>never memorized the quadratic formula
>just scored in the 93rd percentile of the gre math section, so I'll never have to learn it EVER

Mwahahahahahahahahaha! I FOOLED them!
>>
>>8500390
>tfw never took eng till hs
>never took a regular math class till middle school
>pass fine somehow.
>>
>>8500390
I rarely memorized formulas for exams.

I would just quickly derive them from first principles as and when I needed them.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.