[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>study for midterm >several hours a day >all past exams

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: AjfyC8ICIAEnmcL.jpg (40KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
AjfyC8ICIAEnmcL.jpg
40KB, 500x375px
>study for midterm
>several hours a day
>all past exams and tests
>feel pretty confident
>day of midterm
>smug.jpg
>send few minutes on deciding which two questions to answer
>walk out the exam
>mfw I didn't answer the question I most practiced for
>mfw I answered the one question I was least prepared for

I may just be scraping a 60. Is this what natural selection is?

How do u git gud on which questions to answer and also why are questions allocated an absurd amount of points even though the working only requires 3 lines maximum whilst other question that are harder are given less points? I was fooled by this and went for the question that had least amount of points assuming it was easier. Was the question setter trying to help us get points?

And how do you anons feel after knowing you did bad on a test, I feel very demotivated to learn requiring several days to normalise into a normal routine of studying after constantly thinking of how to exam should have gone
>>
>>8500262
On most of the days when I wasn't working, I was studying for about 10-14 hours a day. On the days when I was working, I was still doing about 6-10 hours. I went into my first of four exams and utterly bombed and came out feeling like absolute shit. I was already depressed at that stage because of other shit that was going on and I think I was legitimately suicidal (the fact I didn't have opportunity was all that stopped me).

After a few hours of feel sorry for myself post-exam, I decided to at least get my head back down and keep studying for the other three exams. There was about a month between my first exam and my last one, and by the time I finished the second exam, I had never even opened the textbook for the final exam. So I powered through the depression and just adopted the mentality that I can always kill myself when exams are over and I know exactly how poorly I did. As it turns out, I still got 85/100 on the first exam I thought I'd bombed (and 92/100, 95/100, and 98/100 on the others).

So, as tough and cliche as it is, I would say to keep powering through and find something productive to do until results come out, and you might be pleasantly surprised. There's plenty of time to be depressed later on if you actually did as shit as you think you did, but chances are you didn't.
>>
>>8500319
Thanks, anon. This was motivational
>>
>>8500319
i can attest to similar experiences. shit really fucks with you mentally.
>>
>>8500319
Nice story, too bad it never actually happened.
>>
>>8500319
This exact thing happened to me in Computer Networking. Thought I was going to get a D, and I managed a B-.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.