[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw to intelligent too fall for the "dark matter"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1480251357150.jpg (233KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1480251357150.jpg
233KB, 1000x1000px
>tfw to intelligent too fall for the "dark matter" meme

it's a prime example of "our core theory is flawed so we make shit up to uphold it"
>>
to obvious too 1/10
>>
>>8500080
Yep it's obvious bait but if by core theory you mean our current understanding of what constitutes a galaxy then you're surprisingly right, dark matter is exactly that: a filler name for something we don't know and doesn't fit with the model.
>>
>>8500080
You're saying you're so intelligent that you have come up with a better theory of gravity than GR. Let's hear it then.
>>
File: 1480250616028.png (208KB, 807x935px) Image search: [Google]
1480250616028.png
208KB, 807x935px
>tfw to intelligent too fall for the "the maximum speed is the speed of light"

that would mean the earth would be drawn to where the sun was 8 minutes ago, and would sling out of orbit.
>>
>>8500117
That a common misconception based on applying lags to Newtonian dynamics. The instability doesn't exist in GR. Regurgitating crap you heard on the internet without even researching it does not make you intelligent.
>>
>>8500175
not an argument.
>>
>>8500176
No, it's a statement of fact.
>>
>>8500206
no, it's just a "no u"
>>
>>8500208
You made an unjustified claim. I made a second unjustified claim because you didn't bother to justify yours. I wrongly assumed you might actually look it up but no, you're more interested in arguing about nothing rather than learning something and are too autistic to simply ask for a source.

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Relativity/GR/grav_speed.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_gravity
>>
Dark matter fits within the standard model, Dark Energy not so much
>>
We can't measure it or replicate it in a laboratory. No. You just have to BELIEVE in it. That's not science, that's faith.

Nothing wrong with having faith in something.

It is wrong to teach faith as "science".
>>
>>8500584
This is actually a better bait, but still lacking.
Can't really anyone do better?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.