[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have heard people claim that toothaches can be "treated"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

I have heard people claim that toothaches can be "treated" by rinsing the affected tooth 3 or 4 times per day with a solution of 4 or 5 parts water to 1 part 5.25% sodium hypochlorite (standard commercial bleach) plus a bit of baking soda - aka 'Dakin's solution.'

Others claim that this will end up damaging your oral mucosa and potentially killing your nerves, thus creating a false impression of a cure.

What's the evidence here?
>>
>>8500014
Go to a dentist, you idiot.
>>
>>8500022
I actually have two root canals and crowns. What I wonder is if there is actually a means of arresting the decay process once it is advanced enough to be felt.
>>
>>8500014
>What's the evidence here?

Wow lucky you, I don't think there is any. Who wants a PhD?! Just make sure when you do the self study to variate the bleach concentration all the way up to 100% to be thorough.
>>
>>8500024
Don't you think everybody would already know by now?
It wouldn't exactly go unnoticed.
>>
>>8500024
>if there is actually a means of arresting the decay process once it is advanced enough to be felt
there is, a dentist can examine it and decide upon an appropriate procedure like a root canal and crown
>>
File: tooth_anatomy_vs2.gif (14KB, 300x342px) Image search: [Google]
tooth_anatomy_vs2.gif
14KB, 300x342px
Enamel doesn't self repair or regrow. It can only be filled by a dentist

Dentin can easily self repair itself

Root pulp is capable of self repair, but dentists will often do a root canal if you're feeling that much pain.
>>
>>8500014
>I have heard people claim that toothaches can be "treated" by rinsing the affected tooth 3 or 4 times per day with a solution of 4 or 5 parts water to 1 part 5.25% sodium hypochlorite (standard commercial bleach) plus a bit of baking soda - aka 'Dakin's solution.'
It seems like one of the "miraculous" and completely fake properties of the MMS (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_Mineral_Supplement)
>>
>>8500014
Dentist here, ask
>>
>>8500024
>means of arresting the decay process
stop drinking sweet water
really, no sugar, no tooth decay
my teeth used to be like of brit one, I used up a tube of chlorhexidine paste and stopped putting sugar in tea
I only brush teeth once a day because what the fucking point, they are all slippery for 18 hours
>>
>>8500162
>but dentists will often do a root canal if
They need to have their boat repainted or are sending their son to Uni.

Don't let your dentist perform root canals, they always fail, thus guaranteeing a double payout.
>>
>>8500799
How does it feel that your profession purposely keep itself about 30 years behind current technology just so you guys can keep your jobs?
>>
>>8501432
Right, no Novocaine for you.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.