[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you self-study science and mathematics without getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: wojak.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
How do you self-study science and mathematics without getting bored?

Am I just not meant for this?
>>
psychostimulants
>>
>>8499121
self studying anything effectively is very difficult because it's hard to self-motivate based on interest alone, and a lot of intermediary/elementary concepts you have to learn in order to actually do science/math are very dry.

t. conjecturing undergraduate idiot
>>
>>8499121
6-8 pages a day will get you through most math books in less than two months. Just start small, but consistently, on two or three books. Then at the end of two-three months you'll be ready to do it again with three or four new books. If you try to bust through 50 pages a day of course you'll get fucking bored
>>
>>8499161
This is what I'm doing. Rotating through three textbooks, one per day. But it feels like my progress slows to a halt when I get to the exercises. Maybe it's just that the given exercises are boring, but I'd much rather learn about new concepts than slog through exercises. But I know I need to do exercises so I can ingrain the concepts in my head.
>>
Study buddies and concrete deadlines help. Can't really help you with the first, friends are for faggots. For the second, maybe find an old exam paper and tell yourself that you'll sit it in a month's time.
>>
>>8499190
If you're getting bored during the exercises it's likely one of these:

-you don't get why the exercise is supposed to be interesting. If you're doing proof-based exercises and they mostly feel pointless or obvious (this happens to many students encountering theoretical math for the first time), you should stop and think about them more.
-you're doing too many mechanical exercises. Nobody likes these; I don't know anyone studying math whose favorite pastime in highschool was factoring sheets of quadratics. They're necessary, but you just get through them.
-you're just a lazy cunt.
>>
>>8499121
Go to a library if you get distracted, that's what I do
>>
>>8499145
>self studying anything effectively is very difficult because it's hard to self-motivate based on interest alone, and a lot of intermediary/elementary concepts you have to learn in order to actually do science/math are very dry.

This. When you study alone you think understand things, even though you really don't.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.