[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The infinite monkey theory does it reach 100% or just very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1470662110748.jpg (81KB, 700x830px) Image search: [Google]
1470662110748.jpg
81KB, 700x830px
The infinite monkey theory does it reach 100% or just very close to it?
>>
>"""""""""""theory"""""""""""
>>
>>8495961
the infinite monkey theorem says that an ape that tips infinetly often on a keyboard will eventually write every book there exists. to proof that you can calculate the probability of pushing a button and then define a sequence of finite blocks (a book has finite letters) of independent incidences (that a letter is typed). those blocks are independent and the infinite sum of their probability converges to infinity. then the lemma of borel-cantelli gives you the result that the monkey will type every book (even) infinitely often almost everywhere with probability 1 (100%). since convergence almost everywhere is a very strong expression you might say that it is "100% true".
>>
>>8495961

It's not just that the infinite monkey theory writes Shakespeare once. They write Shakespeare an infinite number of times.
>>
>>8495961
No, it's bullshit.
>>
>>8496064
>>8496035
>Implying simian inputs are random
You'll get infinite repetitions of the same finite substrings.
>>
>>8495961

i think people would find this less incredulous if they become aware of how much other shit the monkey will type on top of the good stuff which would be way more.

>>8496188
true
>>
>>8496335
>i think people would find this less incredulous if they become aware of how much other shit the monkey will type on top of the good stuff which would be way more.
Yeah, it would also type every Stephen King novel.
>>
>>8495961
I desire to sexually penetrate that prepubescent child trainer with my penis if honesty is required.
>>
Monkeys die and they are quite hard to domesticate so they wouldn't be writing shit. Get back to the real world, bitches.

>But it's not about the monkeys!
Yeah, then show me a system that can work indefinitely like that. It doesn't exist. Therefore it is as much as fantasy as Santa.
>>
>>8496396
You are the Tom Clancy of trolling.
>>
>>8496381
Honesty of that degree is never required anon.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.