[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why doesnt studying the theory alone enable you to solve problems?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: guE7LX0.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
guE7LX0.png
51KB, 657x527px
why doesnt studying the theory alone enable you to solve problems?

is this normal or is it because I didnt understand the chapter well enough?
>>
Studying theory is pointless. It's better to follow the algorithms and play around with different input combinations on your calculator or computer. Looking at Greek notation all day makes you a homo. Get up and do something.
>>
>>8495930
Bullshit. Studying theory is more than enough to start doing solving problems.

Think about people in your class who are not retarded. Those who do not ask questions to the professor because they get the material. How do you think they managed to answer the first problems of the topic? The only thing they had was the theory so they must have used that and only that. Maybe later they will gain experience and apply theory + experience but non-retards have to start with only theory.

It is retards who immedately start asking professors to solve problems before they have even attempted to try doing them and then in tests they simply mimick the procedure and because of this they fail when doing the trickier kinds of questions.

I remember when we first had to do improper integrals I was sent to the board to do the first one, after just learning the definition of an improper integral.

To solve it properly I had to separate the integral into two. Explicitly I separated an integral from 0 to infinity to one from 0 to 1 and from 1 to infinity.

Then some girl wanted me to check her procedure and I saw she had also separated the integral... but that wasn't necessary with that function. She applied what little experience she had and forgot about the theory.

This is how retards drop out. Try to not be a retard.
>>
>>8495973
t. calc I drop out
>>
>>8495930

That's because theory stems from practice.
>>
>>8495930
some subjects require deep knowledge, some others also need witty tricks. I would say "to understand" something completely is to know what it is, how it works and what you can do with it. If you learn something new also try to stretch your knowledge by differentiating it into your own words and into other expressions you might already know. only if you can "play" with those things at will you really gained a perfect understanding. exercise is a good way to learn what you don't know/understood.
>>
>>8495930
analysis is not synthesis
>>
Studying the theory lets you solve theoretical problems.
>>
>>8495991
Dropped out of calc right into engineering. Now I make 400k a year.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.