[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Mosquitos were to vanish and go exstinct, how much would the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (22KB, 350x219px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 350x219px
If Mosquitos were to vanish and go exstinct, how much would the flora and fauna of the world be affected? Or would quality of life for humans just go up with no consequences.
>>
I'm curious of this too. Why do mosquitoes even exist other than too spread disease and be a nuisance? Is it just because they are a food source for other beings which do more meaningful things?
>>
There's a bunch of reptiles that eat them and some smal mammals and arachnids too.
>>
>>8492813
> other beings that do more meaningful things
>assigning meaning to arbitrary natural and physical processes

fucking woo-pushing idiots. Might as well start worshipping chakras and put yourself in the center of the universe like some christian.
>>
>>8492837
Hold your horses there buckaroo
>meaningful things
This being the case where their meaning is aiding humans indirectly. Like when a frog eats a mosquito, it prevents that mosquito from infecting a human.
Do you understand that or are you a mosquito loving circle jerking diva roach?
>>
>>8492837
>Has clear purpose (as food source for X animal).
>Lol it haz no objective purpose because nihilism and reality is subjective! :^)
>Neecha and Ubermench, amirite guyz? :P
Kill yourself you edgy, spotty adolescent cunt.
>>
>>8492813
I believe it's only a few species that bite humans
>>
>>8493173
Really? Because I never really hear about mosquitos role in the food chain, or that there are other species of them. Aren't there enough bugs in the world that one dissapearing wouldn't have that great affect? I know that one small species can die and fuck everything over, but if mosquitos were that important staple of the food chain somewhere I swear I would have heard about it.
>>
>>8493437
mosquitos are actually a pretty good sized chunk of the insect-related food web in a lot of areas.

>>8493159
>purpose
It doesn't have a purpose. Its just what it does. Purpose implies there's intention behind it. It just is.

> also fuck neichzsche

>>Lol it haz no objective purpose because nihilism and reality is subjective! :^)
Strictly speaking, yeah, reality is subjective. You only interpret your reality through your consciousness. But fuck the whole "anything can mean anything to anyone :^) " flowers and bullshit that seems to be popular.

Being accurate isn't edgy.
>>
>>8492835
But as their exclusive food source? Mosquitos live near water, and where there's water, there's surely plenty of other insects.
>>
>>8493173
Mosquitos are generalists. They don't care what blood they drink as long as it's a mammal (and often birds too), just like you can eat any animal you want and get something out of it.
>>
Species go extinct every day. Nature adjusts.
>>
>>8492845
>mosquito loving circle jerking diva roach
amazing
>>
>>8492813
I remember reading an article or something on this from some biologists/ecologists or something. They suspected the impact would be surprisingly small, by the usual standards of what would happen if species vanished.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.