[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain to me how eels could have discovered electricity millions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: electric-eel.png (712KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
electric-eel.png
712KB, 800x600px
Explain to me how eels could have discovered electricity millions of years before humans did. Surely this proves how fucking ridiculous the concept of 'evolution' is
>>
>implying eels aren't ayys
we've got satellites, we've got radio tags, how could we possibly be having such problems finding out how they breed except that they are doing it in another dimension?
>>
If you wrap an electric eel around an iron bar you have an electro magnet.
>>
How come electric eels don`t get electrocuted in water?
What voltage do they carry?
Are they AC or DC?
>>
>>8491516
They do probably, its unclear
860 volts
DC
>>
>>8491516
/vp/ here
They must have volt absorb ability.
>>
>>8491483
they learned it from lightning
but who invented the lightning
>>
>>8491516
Insulation
>>
>eels discovered electricity
Lrn2discover fgt pls
>>
>>8491588
Zeus
>>
>>8491609
Yup, Zapping Zeus. And Thor/Donar supplied the thunder.
>>
>>8491483
Man , haven't you opened a biology book in the last century?
Membrane potentials, Electrical axons of nerve cells.... those ring any bells..?

no idea how it works in eels , so pure speculation but I thing it has a lot to do with maybe some king of evolved superficial skinn cells with high enough membrane potential capacity to store a sufficient charge and release it on purpose...(touch activated receptor maybe)

electricity is the force that drives each of our own and every other life cell. It is what allows interaction of the cell with its environment, transfer of signals and nutrients, etc... every imaginable process... the key dogma :
every cell requires energy and achieves that by having an electrochemical gradient that allows for metabolising sugars for an energy storing molecule that can be used as energy currency throughout the cell and for all mechanisms that require it creating an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcacx09VODc
>>
>>8491483
Evolution, fish have had a lot longer evolutionary time to evolve these things than humans. In fact humans once were fish a long time ago. It's well known that many species of fish like animals such as sharks have extra organs spanning the length of their body which has the sole purpose of detecting fluctuations in their local electromagnetic field. They supposedly use it to sense other animals around them in dark/murky water. It's not that surprising to think one of these organs or another similar one could evolve to produce electricity for self defense. Every living thing makes electricity in its body, that's how your brain tells your muscles to work via your nerves. The electric eel just makes a lot of it.
>>
>>8491483
Electric eel is abbreviated as
>eeel
Which is the opposite of
>IEEE
I can't tell you more...
>>
no path to ground

>>8491860
>no idea how it works in eels
you could have looked it up on wikipedia in less time than it took to make your post
>>
File: frdfv.jpg (5KB, 336x150px) Image search: [Google]
frdfv.jpg
5KB, 336x150px
>>8491483
hahahahahhaha lmfao
>eels discovered electricity
kys OP
>>
>>8491491
I think they do it via dead drop of sperm/eggs. Once in a while they just switch holes and do the deed.

Gay eels are just eels that like going in the wrong hole.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.