[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys think its possible to catch up with algebra, geometry,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Do you guys think its possible to catch up with algebra, geometry, trigonometry and calculus in less than 2-3 months? I plan to start college in February 2017. I would like to know your opinion about learning these in less than 2-3 months. I have basic knowledge of precalc, I finished high school in 2008, but since then i had 0 practice in maths, now I plan to retake college in 2017, to major in mechatronics.
>>
>>8490567
They are all extremely easy, yes.
>>
>>8490573

yo fuck off

OP, depends entirely on you, the effort you put in, & how practiced you are at learning. if you're used to problem solving & diligently attempting to wrap your brain around new concepts, well that'll help
>>
It's definitely possible. Just read a section or two each day and end your day with multiple practice problems. The more problems you try (and sometimes fail at) the more you'll understand the concepts.
>>
>>8490567

As >>8490583 said it will entirely depend on you and your resolve to study.

Although >>8490603 has some helpful advice for you
>>
Please Lord, show me a sign that this is just a stupid troll.
>>
>>8490567
Read Gelfand's Algebra, Gelfand's Trigonometry, and Lang's Basic Mathematics.
>>
>>8490567
>now I plan to retake college in 2017, to major in mechatronics.
Applied mechatronics, or theoretical mechatronics?
>>
>>8490567
kahn academy
patrickjmt
pauls math notes lamar
youtube has videos for every subject
>>
>>8490567
>I have basic knowledge of precalc

Yes, absolutely. We get posts of "can i do this in x amount of time" regularly. And most of the time it is relatively out of reach, but yours is totally reasonable. Spending 2-3 hours a day, get a tutor, get some textbooks, youtube, google, etc... you should be way above capable of catching up in that time frame.

Plus Mechatronics wont require any advanced math at all, even if only a little. Likely less than 5-6 math courses including whatever you start at in school. You're looking at an Algebra course, 2-3 semesters of calc, PDE and Linear.
>>
>>8490567
Yes.
Get a problem book.
Do the problems.
Remember, nurture the discipline.
>>
I did it in 2 months myself, yes it's possible. I didn't enjoy it at all, worked on some problems and new concepts for hours until it clicked, then moved on to the next.
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 500x500px
>>8493716
This
I recommend starting with something highbrow like pic related.
>>
well you wont be very proficient. I used to spend every summer just working 30 problems a day on 1 chapter and had a tutor along with that before I mastered algebra 2, trig and whatnot. Honestly I would just foucs on algebra and getting that to a very high level. Having your foundation really strong has done wonders for me. everything above algebra you wont encounter too often but you could still just skim over the basics. And just start calculus in college
>>
>>8494651
I would say if he's doing well, there's no reason not to learn calc 1. Precalculus is much harder than calc 1, although calc 1 requires good precalc skills of course
>>
>>8492399
Will it suffice? Like all mathematics which is needed before going to a university?

Any pre calc book like Stewart's will be good?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.