[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This might sound like a dumb question but how would I go about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: calcquestion.png (42KB, 561x312px) Image search: [Google]
calcquestion.png
42KB, 561x312px
This might sound like a dumb question but how would I go about getting the 3, 9, 12.9, 16.2, and 18.9 in pic related? The function is just y=f(x).
>>
>>8488755
The function was given in the original problem. Just plug the numbers in to that function.
>>
I know but the function is simply y=f(x) or, if you prefer, f(x)=y. How am I supposed to find height with only this information to go off of? I think you're supposed to find the midpoint of the "rectangles." I'll try it and see what happens.
>>
>>8488822
Nothing can cure this amount of retardation.
>>
>>8488822
How are you supposed to numerically estimate the are of the function without knowledge of the function itself?
Can you upload the question?
>>
File: confused black man.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
confused black man.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>8488822
>I think you're supposed to find the midpoint of the "rectangles."
just find f(0), f(6), f(12), etc.
>>
>>8488829
Do you mind explaining then please?
>>
>>8488842
That's what I'm having trouble doing, unfortunately.
>>
Weak bait.
>>
Just going off of the image I've uploaded, how in the world does f(0)=3?
>>
>>8488854
post the whole question
>>
The problem defines f(x) somewhere. Look a little harder.
>>
>>8488858
The [math]\approx[/math] symbol means you're plugging values in [math]f[/math] and truncating the number thus obtaining an approximation.
>>
>>8488858
That image is clearly not the whole question though, they refer to an f that is increasing that we are obviously supposed to have more information about.
>>
File: I'mdumb.png (8KB, 478x293px) Image search: [Google]
I'mdumb.png
8KB, 478x293px
I chose a similar problem, so the numbers are different. Is the height just half of whatever the x value is?
>>
>>8488870
Oh and it wants you to use five rectangles to find the area underneath the function.
>>
>>8488870
>>8488874
If it didn't tell you what f (x) actually is aND only have a stupid fucking graph with no scale, then you should quit using that book.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.