[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone teach me about lucid dreaming without all the /x/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: uranus.jpg (21KB, 572x455px) Image search: [Google]
uranus.jpg
21KB, 572x455px
Can anyone teach me about lucid dreaming without all the /x/ bullshit that seems to accompany it?
>>
>>8488555
https://scholar.google.co.uk/scholar?hl=en&q=lucid+dreaming&btnG=&as_sdt=1%2C5&as_sdtp=
>>
>>8488555

http://pms.sagepub.com/content/51/3_suppl2/1039.short this study records some guys lucid dreaming technique. maybe get this article of sci-hub and see what the technique was.
>>
Test
>>
Can anyone explain what LD can actually be useful for?
>>
>>8488555
Next time you're in a dream change something about the dream.

That's it.
>>
>>8490079
Recreation, spending time with your waifu, etc.
>>
>>8490079
Ive only had it once and just briefly before waking myself up.
Imo its just entertaining. Like watching a movie or playing a game, but completely interactable. Im sure that with some practice you could probably use it to be productive while sleeping if you manage to focus on what you learned that day and rethink it.
>>
>>8488646
>The mnemonic induction of lucid dreams (MILD) procedure is as follows:
( 1) during the early morning (see below), the subject awakens spontaneously
from a dream. (2) After rehearsing the dream, the subject engages in 10 to
15 min. of reading or other activity demanding full wakefulness (see below).
( 3 ) Then, while lying in bed and returning to sleep, the subject says to himself,
"Next time I'm dreaming I want to remember I'm dreaming." (4) The
subject visualizes his body lying asleep in bed, with rapid eye movements indicating
that he is dreaming. At the same time, he sees himself being in the
dream just rehearsed (or in any other, in case none was recalled upon awakening)
and realizing that he is dreaming. (5) The subject repeats Steps 3 and 4
until he feels his intention is clearly fixed.

Interesting read. Ill probably try this at some point.
>>
>>8490079
>power to virtually do anything you want
>how can it be useful
How's life on the spectrum
>>
File: Barclay.jpg (15KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Barclay.jpg
15KB, 320x240px
>>8490079
Visualization, practice and entertainment.

You can conceptualize an object and actually see it, feel it and use it.
You can create scenarios, see how they play out. You can practice speeches. You can do some adrenaline rush spy story or just lots of sexy people who are into you.

Its like a holodeck, just remember that its fiction.
>>
>>8490130
that's fucking bullshit, it never worked for me at least. How can you fall asleep if you've been awake for 30min AND then repeats a mantra to yourself? what I found extremely easy to do is wake up in the morning and immediately going back to sleep thinking about the dream you just woke up from and going back to it. no mantra, no stupid visualization or rehearsing. It's like when you wake up from a nightmare and have to get up because if you go back to sleep you'll go right back to the nightmare.
>>
File: 1365546859852.png (842KB, 745x736px) Image search: [Google]
1365546859852.png
842KB, 745x736px
>tfw my greatest fear is about having a nightmare by falling into a planet/ocean
>>
a successful lucid dream requires 3 things
>1) realizing you're dreaming
>2) being able to control the dream
>3) remembering the dream when you wake up

1st use reality checks

2nd is tricky and very interesting. Dream logic can be weird sometimes and I'm not sure if you're ever 100% in control of the dream. Rather you convince the dreamer (your subconscious) you're in control and it gives it to you. If you believe enough and have enough confidence tho, you can do anything. You can also just yell out to the dream and tell it what you want and it'll give it to you. Or try asking the dream for stuff (like "I want to see something funny") or just ask general questions. Since the dream is your subconscious it's a useful way to ask your subconscious questions. You may be surprised by some of the answers you get straight from the horses mouth.

3rd use a dream journal
>>
File: 1479340441530.jpg (52KB, 600x596px) Image search: [Google]
1479340441530.jpg
52KB, 600x596px
>>8488555
Just use binaural beats to induce lucid dreaming. There are also herbs like valerian and I think also kava kava may do it too.

I recommend Robert Waggoner's book on lucid dreaming.
>>
>>8490363
>binaural beats
>/sci/
kek
>>
I've always wondered, what happens when your body shifts back into deep sleep?

Do you just suddenly lose lucidity?
>>
I took fuckloads of valerian root in the weeks following one of my LSD trips because I had run out of benzos and I was lucid dreaming without trying.

I have no idea if there is something to the combo or if it's just the valerian root. You could give it a try if you want.
>>
>>8490144
Its quite ironic how the posts calling people autists are the most retarded ones, lol
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.