[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is opinion on Cryogenic Freezing? In theory it seems br

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: McCray-Alcor.jpg (141KB, 1200x689px) Image search: [Google]
McCray-Alcor.jpg
141KB, 1200x689px
What is opinion on Cryogenic Freezing? In theory it seems breddy cool.

>right after death replace blood with antifreeze to prevent organ damage
>keep body preserved with liquid nitrogen indefinitely till technology can bring them back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyXFpMUIs0U

I mean a 0.0000001% chance of coming back is better than a 0% chance right?
>>
>>8482547
bamp
>>
>>8482547
That is 0.0000001%.... Right now. There are major advances in medicine all of the time. Honestly, that might be a very viable option with the fact that antibiotics are going to quit working soon.
>>
So flash-freezing something minimizes tissue damage, right? And that's why cryonics is more successful with small samples of tissue than it is with full living animals?

What if you, well... jammed cooling tubes into the tissues to increase heat transfer rates and flash-freeze the body from the inside-out? Would that improve chances of success?

I mean sure, you'd be causing a ton of physical trauma to the body, but it's still gotta be better than widespread cellular destruction, right?
>>
It's the same problem as the teleporter problem. If you have a teleporter that somehow destroyed you in place A, then rebuilt you in place B, depending on how consciousness works, one could say that instead of being transported, a twin sibling was created, and you died.

So similarly, post-death cryo-freezing would only resuscitate a copy of you, not your original self, because by definition at some point you died and your consciousness halted.

A cryo-freeze together with medically-induced coma as a sort of hibernation, when you have an incurable disease, might be applied in the (distant) future.
>>
>>8483019
People are resuscitated every day
>>
>>8483019
But this is literally like an extended coma that you awake from...
>>
Better odds than being dumped in a hole and left to decompose, sure.

Though I'm left to wonder who exactly all these people expect to put in the resources to thaw out and revive all these frozen corpses, especially as the number continues to gradually climb up. Only way I could see it happening is if you had a lot of money and set up some kind of trust to reward whoever managed to do it. Though most likely some lawyers would just fuck you out of your money somehow, or revive you in a halfassed way in order to get the prize faster.
>>
>>8483019
>a copy of you, not your original self
I guess people with that misconception will never die out.
>>
0% chance of being revived

But, What are the chances your memories are still undamaged by the freezing process. Could our assessors with future technology clone a frozen body, and insert memories into it. And more importantly, if global warming keeps up will there be any frozen bodies left for our ancestors to experiment with? Seriously how long does it last?
>>
>>8482547
>have grandfather be barely upper class
>he is friends with some extremely wealthy men, yet too stupid/lazy to become rich himself
>one of his rich friends has 4 children, and he has already paid/arranged for them and himself to be cryogenically frozen.
I think it's pretty cool desu
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.