[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time to panic. >For many years, scientists have been scrutinizing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: paneeec.jpg (160KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
paneeec.jpg
160KB, 400x300px
Time to panic.

>For many years, scientists have been scrutinizing the cosmos for antigravity, who do not know if it exists but who insist on being called" dark energy. "But the rarest of all is the quantum Zeno effect, a theory that states That, by just looking at the particles, we change them (or rather, we change the level at which they decompose).

>A well-known scientist, Professor Lawrence Krauss, proposed a theory according to which the simple observation of the dark energy can cause its destruction, which in turn would cause the destruction of our Universe.

>Krauss believes that the result will soon come, especially given that in the late 1990s, when scientists were lucky to detect dark energy, a series of supernova explosions were observed.

Opinions?
>>
Wow I took a huge dump in the late 90's and tore my sphincter. Is this likely to be related too you big dumb faggot?
>>
File: 1477902837548.png (767KB, 960x730px) Image search: [Google]
1477902837548.png
767KB, 960x730px
Is this the designated stupid thread?
>>
>>8481074
>Scientists

I hypothesis my dick is bigger then yours because of a law called biggusdickus. It's true. Le science.
>>
Did Lawrence Krauss really say that?
I started looking for the PDF or an arXiv, but I find nothing about it, does anyone find something about this?
>>
>>8481074
I've googled your quote and nothing came up, so you most likely made it up, but I'll reply anyway. First, the supernova explosions couldn't have been connected to the detection of dark energy in the 90s, because they must have happened thousands or millions of years ago to be detected at present day. Second, I'm pretty sure some human deducing the existence of dark energy from looking at the how redshifted a galaxy is doesn't count as an observation is the "quantum sense". When they say some particle is observed they mean that something else interacts with it, and not that "it is witnessed by a human".
>>
>>8481205
>and not that "it is witnessed by a human".
but what a about my le popsci maymays?
>>
>>8481211
Cats need to be observed in order to determine that they're alive.
Fortunately we have a tool for doing this. It's called Youtube.
>>
>>8481074
>observe

Whatever made us able to see it was going to interact with it anyway, it doesn't matter if at the other end there is a human or a rock
>>
>>8481205
I do not find information about this anywhere, my first language is Spanish, the "information" I took from a page that talked about "5 experiments that could destroy the Earth" I only find the same text about Lawrence Krauss, I find nothing else , And it surprises me, since a person like Lawrence Krauss would not say such idiocy.
>>
>>8481205
OP here.

Actually I'm an idiot with little knowledge in physics and cosmology, could someone help me to know if this of the quantum zenon is true or false? (It scares me...)

>http://arstechnica.com/uncategorized/2007/11/human-observation-of-dark-energy-may-shorten-the-life-span-of-the-universe/

>https://arxiv.org/abs/0711.1821
>>
>>8482776
"Observation" In QM doesn't mean "some guy with glasses looked at it".
>>
>>8482776
From the article you posted:
>For an opposing viewpoint, the New Scientist writer contacted Prof. Max Tegmark of MIT who states that the quantum Zeno effects is not predicated on humans doing the observations of dark energy or light. "Galaxies have 'observed' the dark energy long before we evolved. When we humans in turn observe the light from these galaxies, it changes nothing except our own knowledge," says Tegmark.
So the end is not here.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.