[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /sci/ I have a quick question for you. Imagine that someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (171KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
171KB, 1280x720px
Hello /sci/

I have a quick question for you.

Imagine that someone would have green skin (actual green - like orcs in the fantasy books), but red blood. How it would mesh in places rich in blood, such as rosy cheeks or nose?

Am i overthinking it and it's just a mix of red and green just like you would get in the photoshop?
>>
File: Additive-subtractive-mixing.jpg (44KB, 525x270px) Image search: [Google]
Additive-subtractive-mixing.jpg
44KB, 525x270px
light (photons) is additive because of how our eyes/brains process it (eg RGB pixels from a monitor can make many colors)

red light coming from deeper in skin, green light coming from top layer of skin, so you'd see yellow

but if you mix actual physical pigments (bulk phase), what happens is their absorbance regions overlap until there is no wavelengths of visibile light that they transmit. so basically there are an "infinite" amount of molecules all absorbing different EM bands, and there is no photons that make it to your eyes, so you see black.

when you take paints that appear black and smear them across a white surface, often times you will see their constituent colors come out because suddenly theres more of molecule A than B, so some color not fully absorbed by B gets through.
>>
>>8479762
here's an example of black ink spread out using TLC
>>
File: color64-DIJON.jpg (104KB, 372x502px) Image search: [Google]
color64-DIJON.jpg
104KB, 372x502px
>>8479780
So - if i understand it correctly - light would "come back" yellow, but because it has to travel "through" layer of molecules it would come back as slightly darker (depending on amount of light i'm shining)?
>>
>>8479797
it would be because there are both red and green photons entering your eyes and striking your photoreceptors within a very close distance of each other, so your brain interprets this as yellow

a yellow pigment on the other hand could just transmit yellow light normally

so they could either have yellow skin, or thin layers of red and green skin, and you'd see the same thing

sorry i explained it badly in the first post there
>>
>>8479801
sorry and i should explain that yellow light would trigger both your red and your green photoreceptors in your eyes

so light can have a natural wavelength corresponding to the color we see as yellow

and it can also combine the two wavelengths equal to the colors we see as red and green, and our brains would see the same thing
>>
File: example.png (12KB, 512x294px) Image search: [Google]
example.png
12KB, 512x294px
>>8479803
heres a quick diagram.

and what i meant about actual physical pigments is that black inks appear black because they absorb all the light and none gets reflected to our eyes, and our brains process it as black
>>
>>8479762
green = blue + yellow
green + red = blue + yellow + red
blue + yellow + red = brown

NIGGERS
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.