[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are organizations communicating with satellites? It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Satellite.jpg (411KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Satellite.jpg
411KB, 2000x1000px
How are organizations communicating with satellites?

It's stated that the transmissions are radio waves, don't the majority of them reflect off the Earth's ionosphere?
>>
>>8479082
>The I don't know how high up the ionosphere is thread.
/thread
> BTFO.
>>
>>8479082
Depends on the frequency.
>>
>>8479087
But wikipedia tells me that the ionosphere is from 50 to 1000 kilometers up.

Then they say that satellites can range anywhere from 700 to 30,000 kilometers up.
>>
>>8479165
Do higher frequency waves pass through the ionospehere?
>>
>>8479082
Congrats anon, you've started asking the right questions that will lead you to the Truth.
Up next ask yourself" How are organizations launching satellites if the thermosphere is as hot as they say?"
>>
>>8479191
What their fuck are you even on about? Do you even know what materials science is?
>>
>>8479087
>> he doesn't know how high geostationary orbit is
F region is around 150-800 km

The frequencies we typically use to communicate with satellites are in the microwave range(GHz). This is above the critical frequency, the frequency below which radiowaves are reflected, of the ionosphere
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/F_region
>>
>>8479191
>The thermosphere is typically about 200° C (360° F) hotter in the daytime than at night, and roughly 500° C (900° F) hotter when the Sun is very active than at other times. Temperatures in the upper thermosphere can range from about 500° C (932° F) to 2,000° C (3,632° F) or higher

How did they measure this temperature?
>>
>>8479197
They claim to make Satellites and other spacecraft from aluminum, temperatures in the thermosphere regularly exceed the melting point of aluminum and we're expected to believe they remain operational? The only spacecraft that have the thermal protection to actually travel through the thermosphere are ICBM reentry vehicles and the now retired space shuttles (And even those never actually went into the mythical "orbit".)
>>
>>8479227
>temperatures in the thermosphere regularly exceed the melting point of aluminum
The heating and cooling of spacecraft is governed by radiative transfer between the sun, craft and space. The thermosphere is too thin to provide much conductive heat.

>mythical "orbit"
Just go away.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.