[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a question for you Sci. I have amassed an Excel Spreadsheet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Integrals.jpg (1MB, 2329x1207px) Image search: [Google]
Integrals.jpg
1MB, 2329x1207px
I have a question for you Sci. I have amassed an Excel Spreadsheet containing about a thousand linear functions that I need to calculate the integrals of. I'm not about about to sit here and punch a thousand functions into a calculator by hand, so my question to you is: how would I go about automating this task?
>>
use excel and copy paste
>>
>>8479054

email martin shkreli, beg for his help. He could do it in 10seconds.
>>
>>8479054
matlab
>>
>>8479054
are those the actual functions? or are they more complicated
>>
>>8479089

Those are the actual functions. They are simple, but there are a LOT of them.
>>
Read the spreadsheet into your framework of choice and have the computer solve the integrals. Probably python or R and a math library will do the trick, and require the least effort to code.
>>
File: example.png (9KB, 410x153px) Image search: [Google]
example.png
9KB, 410x153px
>>8479092
then it's simple power rule, here's the formula
just drag it down the sheet
>>
>>8479101

That is excellent anon. Now how would I find the area of each?
>>
>>8479101
>>8479105

Disregard. All this really is, is the area of a trapezoid where one side is b+m the other is b+18*m and h=17.
>>
File: 1475290259078.png (155KB, 293x326px) Image search: [Google]
1475290259078.png
155KB, 293x326px
These are all linear functions, so the integrals all look the same. The data doesn't need to be parsed. The area under the curves can be easily calculated from the integral. Just do the work.
>>
>>8479054
Matlab? (or octave)
You should be able to import everything.

Writing a program that does that is also not hard especially if you use some libraries but even a bare bones C implementation should be very quick.
You probably can do it in excel itself. It really shouldn't be hard.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.