[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was thinking about curvature(k) a little the other day. If

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1477752934165.jpg (32KB, 480x427px) Image search: [Google]
1477752934165.jpg
32KB, 480x427px
I was thinking about curvature(k) a little the other day. If the circumference of a sphere changes, from lets say C to C+1, should the curvature change in respect to the circumference at all? Or should it remain constant. I was thinking we could use the point ((C/2pi), 0,0) and ((C/2pi)+4,0,0) to describe the 2 changing points and constructing our r(t) curve, if following the curvature formula after finding T, the curvature would not change at all. Is this true? I've never seen any problems like this and I was just wondering if it's even possible to find curvature change in respect to the circumference of the sphere.
If any of you geniuses can give an answer that'd be great.
>>
File: 1479016479987.jpg (132KB, 750x738px) Image search: [Google]
1479016479987.jpg
132KB, 750x738px
lol Christ I'm a moron, I just remembered k=1/R. So smaller spheres have much larger curvature and visa versa. sorry /sci/ I din't need you after all.
>>
What a fucking retard...
>>
>>8477856
Why +4? I'd just do (rcos(t),rsin(t),0)
Differentiate twice to get -(rcos(t),rsin(t),0)
Then the curvature is
1/sqrt(r^2(cos^2(t)+sin^2(t))=1/r
So the curvature has an inversely proportional relationship to the radius, and therefore to the circumference. This makes sense since a large circle starts looking like a line locally.
>>
>>8477892
If it changes we could just use C=2piR, then C+4=2piR or any arbitrary change in circumference , then solve for pi then we can use 1/R then right?
>>
File: wildbooger.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
wildbooger.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>8477895
I meant solve for radius, not pi. Sorry a little tired.
>>
>>8477883
nigga you didn't even understand the shit he said, gtfo to /g the brainlet containment board
>>
>>8477897
I did get it, but there are multiple ways of going about this.
>>
>>8477895
Any change in circumference is proportional to change in radius so it doesn't really matter if you use radius or circumference. The curvature is 2pi/C if you use circumference.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.