[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Out of all the planets in the Milky Way that contain life there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: milkyway-side.gif (11KB, 617x309px) Image search: [Google]
milkyway-side.gif
11KB, 617x309px
Out of all the planets in the Milky Way that contain life there is a handful that contain intelligent life. Out of all the planets that contain intelligent life there are few with advanced civilizations. The most advanced civilization lives on the other side of the galaxy, is thousands of years older than ours and already has a technology that lets them travel at 1% c.

And it means nothing, because it is still impossible for them to even detect us, not to mention fucking contact us and vice versa.

Why is it even "controversial" to claim that humans and life on Earth in general isn't anything special at all just because no single ayylien has ever called your mom?
>>
>>8477815
because based on projections if even 1 civilization went space age and began colonizing, assuming they got a headstart of just 10,000 years on us, they should be all over the place and we should be detecting radio signals from their vast empire

the fact it's completely quiet out there is spooky, to say the least. it implies we're the only ones because the odds of finding a race at our exact level of technological advancement is miniscule.
>>
>>8477815
Can someone who is smarter than me chime in and answer this: if a civilization on one edge of the galaxy could broadcast a radio signal strong enough that it would reach earth, would we even be able to recognize it as something not natural? or would it be so degraded it would be indistinguishable from the rest of the noise in the universe?
>>
>>8477815
>that image
>Central Bulge

LMAO
>>
>>8477824
It happened once with the Wow signal and we dismissed it like a natural occurrence.
We are never leaving this rock I can tell you that much.
>>
>>8477815
>Nucleus
What nucleus?
>>
>>8477878
>It happened once with the Wow signal and we dismissed it like a natural occurrence.
Why the shit would aliens transmit a powerful radio signal for just a couple minutes, if it was a deliberate attempt at an alien intelligence "lighthouse".

if it was we should be getting a steady or preditable signal from the same point in space.

It was probably something else.
>>
>>8477887
My guess is it was sent in the wrong direction or we picked up piece of some transmission.
I guess we will never know
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.