[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how would you /sci/fags rate this book? should i read it to better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (209KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
209KB, 360x500px
how would you /sci/fags rate this book? should i read it to better understand proofs?
>>
>>8477249

Depends? I own it, I would give it 10/10 at the time that I read it.

It is one proof, and it goes over it with extremely excessive commentary and history of mathematics leading up to his proof. At the time I read it I had not taken a discrete mathematics class, and it blew my mind.

If you are an edgy high-schooler or a freshmen undergrad definitely read it, it will inspire you to be more interested in mathematics. It won't help you with reading/constructing proofs in general though.

Anything related to Hofstadter is good.
>>
>>8477262
so it's possible that if i read this it might spark a love of math?
>>
File: FIGHT THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE.jpg (116KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
FIGHT THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE.jpg
116KB, 612x792px
>>8477249
>i

This isn't a text message faggot.
>>
>>8477265

Possibly? I don't know about you, personally. But it is definitely a cool book that gets at the heart of some of the most important mathematical questions in a way that is both readable but not pop-sci-tier trash, which is honestly a rare middle ground. The paradoxes in it are pretty cool, and it sets the stage for diving into slightly more difficult material on predicate logic/ set theory/proofs/computation.
>>
>>8477277
that pic is kind of cute
>>
>>8477277

This is literally the most autistic crap.

You are literally the pot calling the kettle black, but with shitposting.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.