[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do Ivy League colleges get you the top tier jobs? Internships/gpa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0495.jpg (27KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0495.jpg
27KB, 280x180px
Do Ivy League colleges get you the top tier jobs? Internships/gpa aside
>>
Estimate the number of jobs you think top tier.
Estimate the number of graduates each year from all Ivy Leagues.

Compare them. Does it make sense?
>>
>>8476639
In jobs that aren't engineering they provide a strong boost to your resume
In engineering they don't provide a boost in that sense because experience > education
however universally Ivies provide you the opportunity to easily get internships and co-ops compared to other colleges.

It is better to go to an ivy over other schools however except for shit like law and finance where your options become limited the advantage over lets say the top 40 colleges on USNew's university rankings isn't very significant job-wise.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/data
This is what I am referring to, for top 40 just start at UC-Irvine/Tulane/RPI/Northeastern/BU and go down. Those 5 are all tied for 39, it makes it so there is no number 40.
>>
>>8476663
Cool- thanks based anon
>>
>>8476677
I will note that you should go to the college that fits best for your desired major/job. Certain universities are better than others for certain fields despite that overall ranking, as an example RPI (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, its near Albany NY) is ranked #39 but it is one of the best engineering schools in the country, it is ranked #32 in that in undergrad engineering and honestly should be higher. Boston College is ranked #31 overall but is #11 in finance, and top companies recruit directly from there.

Also remember that you should take these rankings with a grain of salt especially once you get below 40. The methodology is a bit odd and schools within a general range of each other (for example 39-31) are generally just about as good as each other. Don't take these rankings as the end all be all, and be sure to look at rankings for individual subjects.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.