[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imagine you've a mountain with x meters. Upon the mountain,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: MountainProblem.png (4KB, 374x271px) Image search: [Google]
MountainProblem.png
4KB, 374x271px
Imagine you've a mountain with x meters. Upon the mountain, there's an antenna with 20 meters. Anyone, in front of the mountain, is watching the antenna, forming a 36 degree angle. What is x equal to?
>>
>>8475403
gimme another side lad
>>
>>8475403
>you've a mountain

I've what a mountain?
>>
That's the problem. There's just information about the antenna's height.
>>
>>8475403
The only way I could see this working is if you take the angle at the top which is 54 degrees and use that and the side of 20 meters to find the hypotenuse. After finding the hypotenuse use the congruency rule of triangles to put HypA/HypB = BaseA/BaseB and try to solve for that. Other than that unless its some metaphysics sheit I don't know
>>
>>8475403
need to know how far away you are from the mountain, to solve that.
>>
My friend's teacher "solved" this problem in class. Or she's a great mathematician or just stupid.
>>
>>8475418
let me spell that out for you so you can read it properly
>assume you've a mountain
>assume you have a mountain
make sense?
>>
>>8475462
The contraction "you've" should only be used before a past tense verb.
>>
Not enough information to determine
>>
>>8475462
How did i come to acquire said mountain?
>>
File: antenna.jpg (5KB, 250x181px) Image search: [Google]
antenna.jpg
5KB, 250x181px
>>8475403
If x is the slope length of the mountain you cannot solve it. If x is the height of the mountain you will need the distance d and then (x+20)/d=tan(36).
>>8475454
>My friend's teacher
Why don't you ask him how she did it?
>>
>>8475923
cause he's a stupid too
>>
lol I can tell that Spanish is your first language, your grammar needs some work my dude

and yeah that problem is unsolvable, the teacher is full of shit
>>
>>8476353
Could be that the student did not pay attention and missed some piece of information.
>>
>>8476356
that seems pretty likely, had the adjacent or hypotenuse length been given it would be solvable
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.