[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Computers are entirely made from two particles: zeros and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: binary-Language.jpg (415KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
binary-Language.jpg
415KB, 800x600px
>Computers are entirely made from two particles: zeros and ones.

But this isn't true at all. Absolutely incorrect.

The hardware. It affects the way how those zeros and ones are interpreted. They are interpreted *differentially* based on context. The differential interpretation is based on different properties of matter in the hardware.

It would be *impossible* to make such complicated system out from only zero and one.

Why are scientists trying to unified theories? Why can't they accept that universe could be collection of hundreds of different theories, laws, and particles?
>>
>>8473863
No, it's the software (incidentally also 1s and 0s) that affects how they're interpreted.

Stop being a fucking pleb.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Von_Neumann_architecture

Moreover a unified theory just means that you have been able to express all of your different theories as special cases of a more general theory.
>>
>>8473876
Okay so build me a computer without using any hardware.
>>
>>8473863
who are you quoting?
>>
>>8473889
Let C be a computer
Done.
>>
>>8473889
What is a virtual machine?

Distributed hardware among different servers with different technologies at the same time, running different operating systems... you can turn them off and on and your virtual machine will never know. It's the zeros and ones that make the machine, not the hardware anymore.
>>
>>8473889
Can I ask what your objective/question is? Of course a computer is an electronic device that is based on a structure out of 0s and 1s. 0 means turned off and 1 turned on. It's obvious that nothing calculates itself by magic.
>>
>>8473863
Can someone explain to me how is AI, a fully logical mathematical system, even expected to happen when the logic behind the computer itself is flawed?

For an example, the Two's complement mechanic of the processors and the arbitrary way they're supposed to represent positive and negative values. They are not bound by mathematical logic but are rather abstract representations of bits (start with a "0" for positive and with a "1" for negative, when in reality no bit value can ever start with a zero since it is redundant, and such bit combinations do not exist in the real word).

How do you expect your hardware to work logically when at the literal lowest level you've used arbitrary abstraction that is only interpretable by humans? It's basically like saying "blue bits will now be negative, and red positive!". Or in other way, "it just werks so why bother change it lmao"
>>
>>8474494
holy shit why are people this retarded the only posters left on /sci/. This board is /x/-tier
>>
>>8474494
This is a copypasta from another equally awful thread a day or two ago.

Go to hell and die OP
>>
>>8473863
Stupid armchair pseudo-intellectual.

Bad thread.
>>
>>8474548
>>8474553
According to those posters, "0100" and "100" (both having the obvious value of 100) are not equal and are, quite ironically, even opposite.

You guys really are that dumb aren't you?
>>
>>8474548
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>8473889
go home
>>
File: 1452170204168.png (70KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1452170204168.png
70KB, 480x360px
>>8473863
I can't even begin to explain what's wrong with this, you have no understanding at all of anything you're trying to talk about.

I will settle for saying merely that the word you're looking for is 'differently', not 'differentially'.
>>
>>8474143
You do know that those virtual machines use RAM and processing power from the host computer to complete operations, right anon?
>>
>>8474494
i fucking knew that last thread was bait
>>
>>8474822
I have one set up that has all calculations done by slaves in my basement. What now?
>>
>>8474972
That's a lot of slaves
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.