[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> I am a gifted prodigy > I discovered this revolution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

> I am a gifted prodigy
> I discovered this revolutionary idea
> The speed I get to is so wild, don't even
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgIICQvhqMc

Why are these fucking dumbasses trying so hard to sell themselves? Literally told people in the face I'm a smartass fucker you can't compare. Do you think terence tao will say this kind of dumb shit? NO, because you are ridiculous clown, fucktard.
>>
>>8470619
>that trick at the end

Literally wtf. Is he retarded?
>>
>>8470640
I was gonna ask why it worked but then I while writing the post it became obvious :[
>>
>>8470619
If you're so smart why don't you do it?
>>
There is a video of chinks who can do arithmetic with like 6-9 digits.

They train with abacuses and they get so good at it that they can manipulate air as if it were an abacus.
Pretty useless skill but cool nonetheless.
>>
I mean he's not wrong about how most people use memorization to do arithmetic. But it works fine and we can explain it and show why it works, but it is arguably more useful in everyday applications to not rely on how (I assume) most of us were taught it when we were young, because it can be a little less useful with stuff like decimals that come up in daily life.

Also he seems to advocate getting kids into math so what's the problem.
Yeah he's a little pretentious and the language he uses is dumb but who cares
>>
>>8471143
>because it can be a little less useful with stuff like decimals that come up in daily life
what do you mean?

>Also he seems to advocate getting kids into math so what's the problem.

I don't personally consider teaching arithmetic to be a good way to "get kids into math" it's extremely tedious, if anything it's just going to make kids more off put by math entirely

>Yeah he's a little pretentious and the language he uses is dumb but who cares

because he is basically saying that he is a genius and no matter how hard you work you will never be as good as him, how is this supposed to motivate children? The guy has a terrible attitude which is rather crucial to teaching kids.

Think about how Bill Nye presented himself, he had the attitude that absolutely anyone can get into science. Even though that isn't actually the case, he taught kids not to distance themselves from science. His show focused only on the flashier parts of a wide variety of sciences and gave simple and interesting experiments to gently introduce them to the tedious nature of science while also engaging them with the subject matter directly. You can hate Bill Nye for being a meme, but he (or at least his persona) was a damn good educator. This guy is essentially the antithesis to Bill in every way, building psychological barriers rather than breaking them down, and focusing only on a narrow and dull aspect of math. It's like this guy is trying as hard as he can to be terrible.
>>
>>8471196
>Bill "You just can't know with absolute certainty everything that will happen to an ecosystem when you modify a plant" Nye
>>
>>8471196
Some children get motivated by having to prove themselves rather than being encouraged.
>>
>>8471385
>prioritise the theoretical outlier
Does it look like it's working?
>>
>>8471386
I will probably not get this one to work for me.
>>
>>8470619
>can only do arithmetics
>can't even triple integrals in his head
>>
File: 1472006944678.jpg (143KB, 499x504px) Image search: [Google]
1472006944678.jpg
143KB, 499x504px
nm
>>
File: 912673.png (327KB, 627x352px) Image search: [Google]
912673.png
327KB, 627x352px
>>8470619
CLAP CLAP AMERICA
>>
>>8470619
>my brain goes so fast that my mouth slows me down
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.