[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will have hive cities? I'm talking about a city encapsulated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

When will have hive cities?

I'm talking about a city encapsulated in a single massive building. Many skyscrapers are mini versions of this with their own apartments+dining+shopping+etc, but I want to know if they'll really take off. Do physics and architecture even make this possible?
>>
>>8467699
Looks and sounds depressing as hell. But at the same time comfy, depending on living arrangements.
>>
File: Kowloon-Walled-City.jpg (593KB, 1600x1130px) Image search: [Google]
Kowloon-Walled-City.jpg
593KB, 1600x1130px
>>8467707
But it'll no doubt become an economical necessity. Efficiency is the top priority in industry and I bet a lot of people said the same things about cities. "You want me to give up my car and take the bus to work everyday? Live in an overcrowded concrete hellhole instead of the beautiful countryside?" There are people who'd do it. Koowloon was basically the first I think.
>>
>>8467699
we are not bees fuck off
>>
/tg/ pls go
>>
>>8467736
DID YOU JUST ASSUME MY SPECIES
>>
File: crystal island _ norman foster.jpg (46KB, 537x400px) Image search: [Google]
crystal island _ norman foster.jpg
46KB, 537x400px
>>8467699
>Do physics and architecture even make this possible?

yes it is possible. the design field is pretty old coined in the 60's and is called arcology (architectural ecology). I studied it during my architecture studies. There are different types of arcologies, most famous currently being built is the Masdar City one (although on hold due to the crisis). You however are interested in solitary designs like picrelated.

>One of the world’s most ambitious building projects, Crystal Island, designed by the architect Sir Norman Foster, has been granted preliminary planning permission in Moscow. Enclosed within a vast mega structure covering a total floor area of 2.5million square metres – the project’s scale is unprecedented. At 450m the scheme in one of the tallest structures on the planet, creating a spectacular new emblem on the Moscow skyline. Conceived as a self-contained city within a city, it contains a rich mix of buildings including museums, theatres and cinemas, to ensure that it is a major new destination for the whole of Moscow.
>>
the squalor and living conditions will make it unlivable. trust me. anime pictures are nothing like real life.

but if u want to live like that, go to like india or tokyo.
>>
>>8467897
I never said I wanted to live in one. I just want them to become reality to I can wonder at them.
>>
>>8467699
Before building such things, which are possible.

I have a question how do we maintain decent security and living arrangements for these hive cities without them falling to shoddy quality?

What kind of security measures would be taken to blockade parts of the hive when a virus/other stuff break out in it? How would government work within the hive cities? What of communications and the outside, how do people get to leave the hive cities and return without their shit jacked up or there being a long ass process?
>>
>>8467918
Why would leaving a city be any different than it is now?
>>
>>8467718
How the fuck did they even build this?
>>
>>8467699
>When will have hive cities?
When the air turns China-level.
>>
>>8467699

In the west, you're out of luck. Starting in the 1910s Americans chose sprawling horizontal suburbs over vertical towers. First this was done by street cars and commuter rail, later the Interstate highway system. Even as suburbs densify, most people will live in buildings under 5 stories.

In asia, things are different due to the rapid movement of people from farms to cities. But it remains to be seen if their governments will allow American style sprawl or continue packing people into high rises. But even then, moving towards single structures is massively expensive and nobody wants to do it especially when most cities sit near rivers or aquifers (both of which complicate construction of heavy buildings above them).

Though it's worth mentioning, there is once exception: Washington DC. The Capitol Complex has it's own subway which is connected to the White House, the Library of Congress and all major legislative office buildings. Most of the structure is underground, and this includes not only utility setups and extra meeting rooms but also emergency bunkers.
>>
Not the same thing but checkout Minneapolis. Most of the downtown is section is interconnected (they call it the Skyway) so that you never have to go out (cause it's fucking cold).

wikipedia.org/wiki/Minneapolis_Skyway_System
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.