[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get As in math courses, /sci/? I've never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1476515880270.jpg (53KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1476515880270.jpg
53KB, 600x450px
How do you get As in math courses, /sci/? I've never done it in my life.
>>
depends on the grading scheme

but math is one of the easiest subjects to get full homework grades in (exams are obviously a different story):
start early (literally just spend like 15 minutes on each question as soon as you get them to get a feel for them)
once there's 2-3 days before the assignment is due, whatever you're still confused on try to get some sort of help with (from classmates/professor)
once its the day before its due start frantically asking around (again classmates, professor, google, /sci/, stackexchange...)
>>
File: Kalashnikatt.jpg (96KB, 1024x655px) Image search: [Google]
Kalashnikatt.jpg
96KB, 1024x655px
>Math courses
Just have a 100+ IQ and put some fucking effort in.
Also, grow out of studying liberal arts like literature, history, sociology=psychology, etc.
>>
>>8466983
Fuck, forgot to mention. Statistics is dead as a field thanks to the Brexit and US election results, but you'll find it easier and maybe more useful than calculus if you really have doubts about your mathematical abilities.
>>
>>8466987
What about accounting?
>>
>>8466978
>15 minutes for a feel
On that note, is it bad that I spend 2 hours on homework for a single course like calc 1?
>>
>>8467015
calc1 was a pain. calc2 was a pain.

calc 3 is a different pain.

You'll spend as much time as you need to get the shit.

consider your resources available.
>>
>>8466983

Just become a Fachidiot
>>
>>8466983
>Also, grow out of studying liberal arts like literature, history, sociology=psychology, etc.
What did you mean by this?
>>
>>8468109
stop letting insufferable people form your opinion on things
>>
>>8468126
this has nothing to do with math. you have people like Russell that made contributions to math and he was more or less a le ebin sjw
>>
>doubled majored in chem and math
>chem GPA about 3.0 because half the major is weedout courses with curves artificilly high
>math GPA about 3.7 because profs are much more chill, except calc 1/2
>worked 10 times harder for chem than math
>>
>>8466975
>butanic acid
explain pic OP
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-13-10-19-00.jpg (63KB, 726x573px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-13-10-19-00.jpg
63KB, 726x573px
>failing calc 1 first semester because the grade is based off 4 exams and a final, and I've already fucked two exams from test anxiety
>lost will to even come to the class since it is now impossible for me to pass, and I'm having to register for it again next semester
>EE major of all things, and that math class is the starting prerequisite for the rest of my degree related classes except CS

How much of a fucking failure am I?
>>
>>8467015
>>8467434
>Calc
Isn't that a high-school subject?
>>
>>8466975
Just always be a week ahead in reading so you can know what areas you need to focus your time on studying more thoroughly
>>
>>8468249
Americans don't learn math until university
>>
>>8466987
Statistics isn't dead. Those people just don't know how to conduct polls and probably use the wrong tests.
>>
>>8468408
I honestly don't know if this meme recycling or not but I believe trig was the highest you HAD to know to graduate high school where I went
>>
>>8468522
Here in Europe trigonometry is baby shit. Everybody can do it and is expected to do it just like arithmetic
>>
First I just imagine the question, then set the question equal to the answer
>>
practice until you can do a certain type of problem in a timely manner
if you can do the simpler problems fast enough, you will have enough time to answer the unique problems that youve never done before that profs and teachers love to throw on tests
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.