[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>long term inflammation of unknown cause (probably an infection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 123.jpg (70KB, 548x548px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
70KB, 548x548px
>long term inflammation of unknown cause (probably an infection and not cancer)
>goes on for months
>mental function is shitty as fuck during that period
>however there's hope of some miraculous recovery

>get a head&neck injury on top of that
>shitty insurance doc didn't even do a basic neurological exam to check for concussion at the ER
>can't afford an MRI on my own

>now
>2 months after the injury
>almost a year after the inflammation started

>can't concentrate on shit
>decreased mental function
>unsure if I'll ever recover
>I might have to cruise through life like this
>I'll have to stay at the bottom of the barrel for the rest of my life and suffer

My only advantage in life was being smart.
I'm poor and in bad health, with an equally poor and unsupportive family.
I'm really fucking screwed.

Is there a /sci/entific way to recover?
What do I do?
>>
>>8466798
What if you move to a country with free health care? It may take a couple years to become a citizen, though. I'm not really sure how that works.

At least it sounds like you don't have too many ties here.

I'm just throwing stuff out there.
>>
>>8466808
It's actually a good idea, but I'm too tired and confused to do this right, especially with zero emergency funds. Not american btw.
>>
>>8466798
Almost no doctors perform concussion checks unless you're an athlete or in danger of it happening again. It's usually pretty obvious and it wouldn't change the treatment unless he knew about some of the more fringe research which suggest some various extra treatments.

As far as actual treatments go, if you had post concussive syndrome, and this is a big if, low dosages of snri are shown to help the symptoms. But if you only suffered one concussion then it's a big jump to claim you're still having side effects from it unless it had a syngeristic effect with your mystery inflammation symptom which is possible. Inflammation of the brain after a TBI is a big factor in how much damage is received after all. Keep in mind the medication while safer at the low dosages is still not a gummy vitamin.
>>
>>8466798
Inflammation where?
If you're really poor and not in the US try getting treatment then declaring bankruptcy. Better broke than dead, in my opinion
>>
>>8466909
>>8466810
Also which country do you live in?
>>
What exactly are your symptoms? How do you know it's an inflammation?

Did you check allergies?
>>
File: carrantuohill.jpg (73KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
carrantuohill.jpg
73KB, 640x427px
give me an email OP, we can chat about it if you like. I too have some chronic injury/illness that has not went away. I believe its fixable, its just about spending time and money, and getting into a healthy routine.

dont give up hope
>>
>>8466912
South euro. Post-2008 the healthcare situation degraded rapidly, but it was shitty and disorganized already.

Although it's technically ""free"", good luck finding a doctor that'll care the slightest bit.

>>8466909
>Inflammation where?
Superclavicular lymph nodes. I think at some point it flared up to generalized lymphadenopathy for a few days.

It might had started as a dental infection.
Next week I'll have enough money to go to a dentist and verify that.
Afterwards it'll be easier (I hope) to get a doctor concerned enough to look for infection elsewhere.
>>
>>8466954
Had similar symptoms, turned out i have developed a very strong mite allergy. Got some special bed sheets and now everything is good. Do you have any other symptoms?
>>
>>8466954
Just get an EHIC card
http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=509&langId=en
And get a Ryanair flight to the UK for a few weeks (stay in a hostel or couchsurf).

After 1 week go to the doctor and complain about symptoms. Make sure to make it clear that you went to the UK to travel and during your trip symptoms became worse (i.e. you didn't go just for medical treatment)
>>
>>8466959
Thank you very much. I will actually do this if things don't resolve in a month or so.

>>8466956
Mental fog, extreme fatigue, low grade fever, recurring colds/infections, tender/painful lymph nodes etc etc. They're pretty generic symptoms, just suggesting chronic inflammation/immune reaction of some kind.
I also get some weird tension headaches and cracking at my neck after the injury, but that's irrelevant.

I don't think it's the mites, although allergy could be making it worse. I've changed apartments due to mold, but it turns out it wasn't the issue.
In the past I also though it might be food-related (I messed up by gut bacteria with antibiotics last spring), but after trying several alterations to my diet I don't think that's the main issue.
My conclusion after all these months is that the lymph nodes are suggesting some kind of localized infection.
But I'm not sure what it is and I can't be sure without the appropriate tests.

If it turns out it's not a dental infection I'm going to push hard my GP to prescribe tests for TB and other semi-unusual infectious diseases and I'm going to take it from there.
>>
>>8467028
allergy tests are invaluable lad
have one done if you can
>>
OP how tall are you?
>>
OP, read a book called Why isn't my brain Working

It's a very badly written book, but I haven't found any other book that covers the same material. It basically deals with the kinds of problems you are talking about.

It's written by a clinical doctor and the main problems he sees are the following:

unknown food allergy
gut bacterial imbalance
Prediabetes/Diabetes (this is a HUGE one, a lot of people are prediabetic and have no clue)
Cortisol imbalance (too high or too low)
Basic vitamin/mineral deficiencies. Pretty amazing how many people have these even in first world countries. Poor diet is to blame.

I've dealt with very similar problems OP. Still do to an extent but I feel good 90% of the time now.
>>
two words m8 (trust me): candida albicans
>>
>>8467411
yup
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.