[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the point of studying pure maths or physics if your IQ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

What is the point of studying pure maths or physics if your IQ isn't above 150? You will never make discoveries or become world renowned with your inferior IQ. Just do engineering or computer science and call it a day.
>>
>>8464704
No point in studying pure maths in general, unless you want to be an autistic cuck faggot
>>
File: 1462659754720.png (536KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1462659754720.png
536KB, 800x800px
>>8464704
>implying
t IQ 115 at most

>>8464789
Rude af!
>>
>>8464704
Who is this cum drum?
>>
>implying pure math losers will get ANY funding under trump

kys
>>
>>8464789
this is true
more and more am I considering changing programs, but goddamn will life be boring
>>
>>8465019
this. I just love math too much.
>>
File: true_engineer.png (78KB, 677x312px) Image search: [Google]
true_engineer.png
78KB, 677x312px
>>8465019
>>8465038
Jesus do engineering alongside applied math and/or do some physics. You can do systems and control theory.

It feels so fucking good to build something yourself of your own design. It feels so fucking good to derive the model of a bipolar transistor.
That's more physics in some ways though.

There was some faggot who went into an applied math PhD with an engineering degree (pic related). So many things exist which are broad and interdisciplinary yet you cry about shit like that.

Seriously if you have no interest in real shit then just stay an autistic faggot.
>>
>>8464704
a physics degree is useful to annoy engineers during development projects
>>
>>8464704

You're omitting the fact that some people study and dedicate their academic pursuits to these subjects irrespective of their IQ or potential influence. What is the point of iceskating if the the muscles and joints in your legs are not equal to those of a gold-medal olympian? Do you see the folly of your argument? I am passionate in study of maths and physics - it makes me happy, and at the end of my life I will thank myself for it.
>>
>>8464704
>implying IQ has anything to do with one's ability to solve real problems.
>>
>>8464704
What if I want to make discoveries in chem, bio or biophysics?
>>
>>8464704

Mein negger,

engineering is more, more usefull for science than your """""""pure""""""" maths and physics meme.

The man who created the steam machine, the automobile had done far far more for the physics than you """""""physicists""""""".

Engineering IS science.
>>
Making inventions and finding new results is not only because one has extremely high IQ. What you are forgetting here is that most finds are usually result of tens of years of research and what drives these people is almost obsessive interest to one subject and never giving up. It could take 25 years to make a breakthrough. If you have extreme IQ but give up immediately you will not get anything. Sounds like you are a loser quitter anyway. Fuck off.
>>
>>8464704
>You will never make discoveries

premise is suspect

much of scientific discovery is based on drudgery that establishes a trend that allows a conclusion
>>
>>8465260
this. I just want to work in a field that I love. At the end of the day I will have contributed to the knowlege of humanity, this is unavoidable even if I don't make new discoveries and it's enough for me to live a happy life.
>>
>>8464704
>it's another IQ has more than brief shallow referential meaning thread

>>8464823
I don't know much about higher mathematics, at least in-depth. Would you say that, in general, the work in pure mathematics trickles down to everything else? Or does it exist mostly just because it's interesting?
>>
>>8464704
What is the point of studying pure maths when technology will just make us smarter in the future anyway. I'll just take the easy way out and wait for brain implants or some gay shit.
>>
File: 1477014559927.png (1MB, 1402x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1477014559927.png
1MB, 1402x1000px
>>8466110
It is done because it can be done. That it does not necessarily have an application means nothing, as there is the case with Hardy saying number theory is nice because it is completely useless, which it was back then. A vision of what one wants to do and strong intuition help guide the researcher to the kind of results they are after, so it can be done to reach certain conclusions. The desired stuff then can be "useful" or just sought out of interest.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.