[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /sci/ I used to be an extremely bright student, debating with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Hi /sci/ I used to be an extremely bright student, debating with my professors and never getting anything less than an A on tests, my strength was mathematics. Currently I'm 8 months after finishing accutane and I've lost all motivation since 2 months into the drug, I look the best I ever have but on the inside I'm a rotten unmotivated piece of shit. How can I rebuild my love for the sciences?
>>
>>8462169
How much time has passed since you (for real) studied math or physics?
>>
>>8462169
>blaming your problems on an acne drug
there is likely something more than that contributing to your feels
>>
>>8462169
maybe you're doing social things that distract you from science or fulfill you enough so you're happy without feeling good about your grades.
>>
>debating with my professors

Oh. You were that guy. Shut the fuck up and keep your comments in your head. Email them after class or go to their office you inconsiderate autistic prick.
>>
File: 1478228378711.gif (3MB, 380x204px) Image search: [Google]
1478228378711.gif
3MB, 380x204px
>>8462376
>go to their office
This.

Teacher hate pretentious faggots like op, I always talk to them after class if I have to and they are more than happy to discuss
>>
>>8462169
>debating with my professors
There's one in every bunch.
>>
>>8462169
lool i thought accutane would be like some heavy accutane.

>acne drug

holy shit whats wrong with you. maybe its a change in you independent of it?
>>
Depression is a known side effect of accutane, so maybe you had that side effect and it triggered latent major depressive disorder.
>>
School just started actually being hard. Freshman and sophomore years at uni are jokes. You probably are either realizing A's don't matter and nobody gives a shit but you about it or school is starting to actually get hard and boring.
>>
>>8462220
I'd say I haven't studied any of my courses for about 4 months or so, I have 0 motivation, almost like I physucally can't bring myself to try
>>8462246
>>8462254
I could attribute it to these things due to the fact I've become increasingly social and have always been a lazy fuck, although it has never bit me in the ass until now
>>8462376
>>8462391
>>8462400
Profesors usually enjoy a bit of intellectually sparring, if I noticed it wasn't warranted or appreciated I would stop
>>8462442
Maybe I have changed but its as though accutane has completely revamped my personality and view on life, and not in a good way.
>>8462460
I was thinking this could be the cause as both my parents have been depressed along with other family members. Also lately I can barely pull myself out of bed and rarely genuinely smile
>>8462464
Basically ya this can also be attributed to me being a lazy fuck
>>
>>8462664
> accutane has completely revamped my personality and view on life
>>>>/x/

And you claim to be smart, faggot.
>>
>>8462670
How tf is that paranormal at all, I'm simply stating I don't feel like the same person after taking this high potency drug.
>>
>>8462675
>taking this high potency drug
You have no clue what "potency" means

There's some basis to what you're saying though, up to 1 in 1000 patients experience various psychiatric symptoms
>>
>>8462758
I do know what potency means, and by using that word I was referreing to the degree in which I believe this drug affected my psychiatric health
>>
>>8462808
Potency refers to binding affinity at a biological target.
>by using that word I was referreing to the degree in which I believe this drug affected my psychiatric health
Which is not an intrinsic property of a substance. https://www.aaronmbrown.net/blog/2012/04/know-your-fallacy-category-error/

You're implying it's intrinsically riskier and "does more" without bothering yourself to pin down any consistent meaning of "more," how it's done, or how this can be measured. And using this implication as "evidence" for what you're saying. http://philpapers.org/archive/SHATVO-2.pdf

Fuck, it's like when some guy binges for a week on some "designer" sterically hindered high molecular weight cathinone with an effective dose 3x that of amphetamine, kicks a police station door at 3 AM and the media starts raving about how "potent" bath salts are. Magical thinking pisses me off
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.