[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any engineering field that doesn't require fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Wrist.jpg (18KB, 503x233px) Image search: [Google]
Wrist.jpg
18KB, 503x233px
Is there any engineering field that doesn't require fucking labs?
>working with retards to do super simple thing
>writing lab report
fuck that shit.
>>
I'm like the opposite, when it comes to problem solving, learning theory and sheer memorization, I tend to ace exams no sweat. However I cannot write for shit and I always lose/destroy things in lab or add too much of this or of that and I'm far too lazy to write long reports or focus on year long projects.
>>
>>8460842
That's not the opposite that's exactly what op is talking about
>>
>>8460836

Railroad engineering; absolutely no labs, just driving trains

Software engineering

Operations research / financial engineering
>>
>>8460836
Why do you want to be an engineer if you have no inclination for practical problem solving?

Don't misunderstand me you can do a lot of theoretical stuff if you want to; work on your theoretical control concepts or whatever, but still an engineer should have a minimum demonstrable skillset in building and carrying out experiments. Otherwise how can we make sure that he understands the basic connection between his work and reality, safety, etc.

>>working with retards to do super simple thing
>writing lab report
Suck it up and do it like everyone else. Don't act like a fucking sperg.

>>8460884
>Software engineering
Group work here I come. It's actually worse in that regard than other engineering disciplines. Retards in SE stay longer. Not a real engineering in the senses that it has nothing to do with classical engineering fields. It doesn't use physical models or for that matter any physics to model the important behavior of a system.
It's basically a glorified how to put code together degree so you can work in the next "we make cool apps!" company.
>Operations research
So an Applied Mathematics or CS degree.

Really, up fucked up. Just do it OP.
>>
>>8460836
>fuck that shit.
maybe STEM is not for you, friendo
>>
>>8460836
>writing lab report is bad
You have to document that shit, retard.
>>
Labs are more enjoyable if you swallow inbetween experiments.

t. Engineer
>>
>>8460836
no, no worthwhile degree anyway. if you cant do the easy labs with the 10 minute lab reports that get auto 100's from your Chinese grad student TA, then perhaps the whole concept of higher education is beyond you
>>
>>8460836
>doesn't want practical hands on experience

the field you are looking for is applied math.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.