[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So recently it seems there's been a rise in the mention

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: ra-diet-13-fill-your-plate.jpg (42KB, 590x445px) Image search: [Google]
ra-diet-13-fill-your-plate.jpg
42KB, 590x445px
So recently it seems there's been a rise in the mention of certain fad/meme diets like keto, paleo, and pure veganism. Are macros really that important? Is it mainly calories? Are fats bad for you? Are there any diets that /sci/ can endorse as legitimately being the most healthful and preventative with regard to heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, and cancer? Should an individual eat at a constant deficit?
>>
>>8458281
Read the /fit/ sticky. They really know their health diets.
>>
cba posting sources but ill speak from both experience and being read up on this subject.

no carbs/mainly fat - really good for losing body fat fast, without being insanely hard to go through. Trans fats and such are unhealthy.

pure vegan - you'll need b12 supplements otherwise your nervous system will get damaged. seems to work pretty good

Getting all macros isnt necessary, but sure helps you with life quality overall. (exercise is rly important for that)

I think the best way to go if you wanna be all healthy is not to eat sugars, not to binge on carbs and fasting once every month or so. And dont forget exercising.
>>
Macros aren't everything.

If your protein source doesn't contain a full range of amino acids, then it doesn't matter how much protein you eat.

If you are eating fats with a certain chain length or certain types of atomic bonds between the carbons, than it vastly changes how your body will respond to them.
>>
>>8458290
i wish to hear more about that last stuff
>>
>>8458281
If you want to become healthy, I would recommend:

>Drinking more water
>Cut out sugar and processed foods
>Eat a wide variety of vegtables, nuts, fruits, meats, etc.
>Exercise more

That is pretty much it.
>>
>>8458295

look up saturated and unsaturated fats

the body needs fats for cell walls and hormone production, but some types will just clog your arteries.
>>
>>8458281
here's the one weird trick the diet industry doesn't want you to know:

if you remove dextrose from your diet you will lose all the weight, and can eat whatever you want (as long as it isn't dextrose).

dextrose is disgusting in the quantities a typical american eats anyway. most other americans love the stuff, and that's fine, they can eat whatever they want, but for me, i just think it's too sweet to taste good. it just overloads my tastebuds. i guess i'm just unique.
>>
File: img_0912.jpg (948KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
img_0912.jpg
948KB, 2592x1944px
OP, don't listen to what anyone else tells you, including me. Most nutrition advice is stupid. Go to the literature if you want to verify this. Don't go to blogs, don't go to popular media.

Nutrition is really easy if you just want to maintain your health and a healthy weight.

Eat a varied diet. Increase the amount of fruits and vegetables you eat. Decrease the amount of meat (doesn't have to be by much).

There are no super foods. Take kale for instance. The good stuff kale has in it, broccoli has more. Acai berries? Strawberries are better.

This simple, varied diet is all that most people need.
>>
>>8458358
when they invented cola, it was intended to be a drink that you drink once a year as a celebration, or something, and as a medicine (the cocaine). all colas were intended to be drank in the same quantity you'd take medicine.

now think about how much the average fatty drinks per day. holy shit, that's a lot of kiloJoules that they never get rid of. no wonder they are all giant blubs
>>
>>8458312
Do you mean saturated fats clog your arteries? That's what comes up when you look it up.
>>
>>8458281

if i was rich enough i would go on a moderate ketogenic diet.
>>
>>8458982

right that's why omega 3 and omega 6 unsaturateds are considered healthier

Chain length inflences melting point of the fat, so olive oil stays liquid at lower temperture than palm oil

trans/cis configuration of C-C atomic bonds also matters. i thnk trans fats are worse
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.