[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know, looking at this picture you can't help but think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: dump.jpg (2MB, 2382x2078px) Image search: [Google]
dump.jpg
2MB, 2382x2078px
You know, looking at this picture you can't help but think that in at least 1 galaxy there's some alien civilization, probably advanced enough to go around planets and starts (via cryostasis or whatever) and establish colonies.
Humanity one day might do the same, it's fine. Thing is, we're never going to meet aliens, it's just too unlikely. Crossing galaxies is going to take a fuckton of years and even then, when you arrive, the galaxies are absolutely fucking huge. And the inverse square law is such a bitch and makes radiowaves decay so quickly its never going to be close enough to pick up.
>>
File: worldsfavoritefont.jpg (253KB, 1314x1250px) Image search: [Google]
worldsfavoritefont.jpg
253KB, 1314x1250px
>>8454901
It's not a bad thing to not meet aliens. I personally prefer a scnenario like Asimov's Foundation where the galaxy is exclusively inhabited by humans, so much easy.

Aliens are not safe. We could be ants compared to their intellect.

I agree with you about intergalaxy travel, too complex.
>>
If we make something that can go fast enough for trips throughout the galaxy to be reasonable, sending probes to other galaxies will probably follow within decades.
>>
i disagree. if the universe is never ending and that means that somewhere out there in time is smart enough to travel at the speed of light at all times.
>>
>>8454944
The laws of physics still applies everywhere. It could be an impossibility.
>>
>>8454960
>I believe physics has all the answers
>>
>>8454968
>I believe physics has all the answers

We're talking about physical phenomena, so yeah.
>>
>>8454944
only if the probability of intelligent life developing and discovering lightspeed travel is finite
>>
File: PIA14105.jpg (1MB, 6000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
PIA14105.jpg
1MB, 6000x4000px
>>8454901

Stars are sentient.
>>
>>8454968
snobby cunt. what's your point
>>
>>8454901
But anon
If there is an infinite amount of stars and there MUST BE an alien race,
Then they MUST HAVE visited us already

That's a known paradox
You can't play around with infinite probabilities like that
>>
>>8456245
I wonder if there is some kind of life form existing in a star or a part of it. Not a biological life form in any shape or form as we might describe them. But some kind of entity that exhibits a degree of patterns, individuality and intellect. We probably could never know of each other, we'd be too far removed to interact with and recognise one another.
>>
>>8454901
>Crossing galaxies is going to take a fuckton of years
Actually, unless our current understanding of physics is totally wrong its completely impossible to get anywhere other than andromeda and the nearby dwarfs
>>
>>8456269
I'll call it a "boltzman star".
>>
>>8454944
Even at the speed of light, intergalactic travel is still pretty much a joke.
>>
>>8456267
>That's a known paradox
Unless there is some fundamental limit to how fast intelligent life can evolve and how fast that life can develop interstellar (or much more likely intergalactic) travel.
>>
>>8456274
Explain.
>>
>>8456245
>>8456269

>sentient stars

Whipping Star - Frank Herbert
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.