[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become an engineer and what are some career opportunities?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: mecha shiva.jpg (962KB, 2048x1453px) Image search: [Google]
mecha shiva.jpg
962KB, 2048x1453px
How do I become an engineer and what are some career opportunities?

I was thinking of getting into it. I've been reviewing Arithmetic with Khan Academy to prepare myself for reacquainting myself with Algebra and the rest.

I'm going to order University Physics with Modern Physics (13th Edition) & Precalculus Mathematics in a Nutshell: Geometry, Algebra, Trigonometry at one point, after I've finished all of the math courses on Khan one or two times.

I was thinking of getting into either aeronautic engineering or, forgive my meme-tastic ambitions, robotics.

But I don't know what to do after I've taken the course(there is a two year course at a technology college in Calgary). What kind of jobs could I get? I'm assuming all the prestigious and fun jobs are reserved for old farts and richkids who buy their way to the top.

Also, any recommendations for what type of math and other concepts I should be focusing on is really appreciated.
>>
>>8453140
If you're serious about either of those fields, you'd better get start getting cozy with tensors, indicial notation, matrix math and vectors.
>>
>>8453173
Any recommendations on how to do that?

Books? Websites? Other Resources?
>>
Let me explain: The "Fringe" got me into this shit and it's also what lead me back to our Creator. I had an astral "encounter" for about 15 seconds and it scared the holy living fuck out of me, but you know what? It woke me the hell up! Maybe it was my doing on "the other side" and my plan all along (I do LOVE some good shock-n-awe), but at this point I don't care if it was some PSYOPS something or another. It worked, EVEN IF it was bogus. I've never experienced anything while awake, although I used to have what I considered a "reoccurring dream" when I was little of an tiny alien spaceship keeping tabs on me while I played outside. Possibly not a dream at all, BUT still don't care. See, all this sparkly bullshit about aliens, UFOs, spirits, and what-have-you isn't the REAL agenda here. Going within and finding YOUR truth IS. Now, I still have an affinity for the wild and crazy because that's just who I am and always have been, but I've had ideas presented within a "symbolic" system and they feel nothing but millennia old to me. Could I be a victim of governmental bullshit? Well, I suppose, but then that would seem to make me waaaaaay more important than a 40 year old Southern woman. And if I'm THAT important to target.......then I'd have to believe I would pose a threat to someone pretty high-up, seriously......that's fucking flattering as hell. I could only hope to be able to scare the shit out of some controlling fuck to the point to where they felt like "having me meet a grey" would scare me off into a cave somewhere. Well, I have news for them.....this shit backfired in their face, because I AM that I AM now and there's NO stopping dis bitch until I've discipled the shit out of some Christ Conciseness. There is A LOT of truth and disinformation out there and honestly, it ALL leads home eventually. Take the long way or the short way, but just fucking get there! <3
>>
>>8453180
wrong board I think.

>>>>/x/
>>
>>8453178
>Books? Websites? Other Resources?
Everybody learns differently. Maybe try to find some light-ish books on the subject, or browse youtube for awhile.

If you're trying to break into either of those industries with a 2-year cert, you're talking about being a technician. Actual engineers in those fields usually have graduate-level credentials in ME and/or EE.
>>
>>8453184
ah, yes you are right. i've got 50 tabs open, got a bit confused
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.