[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you will never be a professor at a top 10 institution Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: wojak100000000000000.jpg (68KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
wojak100000000000000.jpg
68KB, 633x758px
>you will never be a professor at a top 10 institution

Why is it that every successful academic learned fucking group theory and shit before they entered high school? How the FUCK do you compete with that?! I'm in my second year of college and still finishing up Calc 3! It's not fair!!!
>>
Your fault for choosing a field that is filled with literal autists.
>>
>>8448615
>implying group theory is harder than calc 3
kek
>>
>>8448615
People that have those coveted positions wanted them far earlier than since you started browsing /sci/ anon.
>>
>>8448615
>Why is it that every successful academic learned fucking group theory and shit before they entered high school?
Family, money, and connections.
>>
>>8448615
>Why is it that every successful academic learned fucking group theory

god, fucking this

WHEN THE FUCK DO I GET TO LEARN THIS SHIT EVERYBODY SEEMS TO KNOW IT BUT I'VE NEVER SEEN IT FUCKING ONCE WHAT FUCKING CLASS AM I SUPPOSED TO TAKE
>>
>>8448782
abstract algebra

it's usually a third or fourth year subject
>>
>>8448615
Don't try to compete, just go at your own pace anon. If you try to compete you will want to blow your brains out, trust me, these people are not human.
>>
>>8448782
The people who know this stuff have learned about it themselves, or they had really good parents/mentors growing up. Basically, if you spent your childhood playing video games and shit, you're fucked.
>>
>>8448830
Yeah but the elementary definitions and theorems are trivial. A primary school kid who understands addition could easily generalize and learn group theory from a book that does not assume anything from the reader. Not like those fucking books who immediately bring up complex numbers and higher geometry. Wtf

Heck, at my uni they give us a short introduction to all the algebraic structures and the elementary theorem just to help those who didn't learn this in primary school because good luck proving anything without knowledge of abstract algebra.

>Prove that the quaternions are a non commutative field

You either prove this and then use this fact as a handie to prove harder theorems easily, or you get fucked in the ass and have to bruteforce your entire test because you don't even know what algebraic structure your set forms so you are metaphorically throwing darts with your eyes blindfolded.
>>
File: tao_terence_download_3.jpg (1MB, 3000x2040px) Image search: [Google]
tao_terence_download_3.jpg
1MB, 3000x2040px
>you will never get the kind of pussy terry tao gets
>>
>>8449819
you mean the anime pillow beta nerd ?
>>
>>8449819
i'm not going to say that math won't get you pussy, since i've pulled a girl by talking about math to her, but i'm going to tell you that there are many ways that work and many of them aren't really as difficult as winning a fields medal
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.