[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a name for the effect of how everyone assumes themselves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 504.jpg (216KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
504.jpg
216KB, 1600x1600px
Is there a name for the effect of how everyone assumes themselves to have high intelligence? I've come across students who can barely pass calc 1, yet they still consider themselves to be intelligent. Why does this occur?
>>
Dunning-krueger effect
>>
>>8447994

Arrogance.
>>
I want to cum in their brother's perfect boypuss
>>
>>8447996
This.
>>
>>8448025
MODS
>>
>>8447996
Too specific imo

>>8448019
this
>>
What if I think I'm dumb but people seem to laud me as some kind of superbrain? It's happened my whole life and made me very paranoid.
>>
File: selfreferentialquiz.png (30KB, 634x561px) Image search: [Google]
selfreferentialquiz.png
30KB, 634x561px
>>8448208
Imposter syndrome?
>>
>>8447994
It's evolutionary. If you think you are inferior then you are less likely to pass on your genes even if you are inferior.
>>
>>8448208
It's called being coddled your whole life. Welcome to the real world, kiddo.
>>
File: trump.jpg (33KB, 694x585px) Image search: [Google]
trump.jpg
33KB, 694x585px
>>8447994
>>
>>8448490
I think some of the Red Queen theory suggests that was exactly what spurned on cranium size in homo erectile or whatever about 1 million years ago. The cranium suddenly grew to maximum size that can be shat out a cervix, if the cervix was bigger in the female she couldn't walk. The cranium continues to grow for another few years and unlike most mammals, the homo erectile is quite retarded for some time, doesn't technically reach basic independence until about 6 years, and today, full independence possibly never. An anomaly in the animal kingdumb.
>>
>>8448532
Lol nice, mind if i post this on facebook?
>>
>>8448549
the more it spreads, the happier I am
>>
>>8448532
lol mind if i post this on redddit?
>>
>>8448532
lol mind if i post this on 4chan?
>>
>>8447994
Being good at math does not mean you're smart and sucessful. They may knows something you don't. If they really can't learn anything, then they are probably retarded though.
>>
>>8448532
lol mind if i post this on [math]\infty[/math]-chan?
>>
>>8448212
Does this have a unique solution?
>>
Learning how to input formulas doesn't make you smart, it makes you a robot.

People think they're smart because they actually are, it's called being an intelligent being.

Everyone's got their specialities.
>>
>>8448637
If they were truly intelligent, they would be able to do something as trivial as inputing formulas.

You're a brainlet. Get over it.
>>
>>8448661
*inputting
because I know you'll meme about it
>>
>>8448661
I'm not speaking for the people who can't pass calc, I'm speaking against the man using calc as a measure of intelligence.
>>
>>8447994
Illusory superiority

>>8448578
This so much.

It's pretty autistic to base intelligence purely on math skills and abilities.
>>
>>8447994
did those kids' mom have Zika or something?
>>
>>8448608
Yes.
>>
>>8447994
Calc was actually hard taking it as a Junior in HS.
>>
>>8447994
Intelligence isn't knownledge though.
You don't know (or at least don't specify) how much time or effort they have put into passing that calc 1 so it's probably pretty unintelligent to measure intelligence based on that metric.

And no, it is not necessarily stupid to not pay attention in certain classes.
>>
>>8448212
1 B
2 B
3 C
4 C
5 A
6 C
7 B
8 A
9 C
10 B
>>
>>8447994
What is this family's name, anyway? I'm keen to learn more about their condition, not just looking for more pictures to masturbate over.
>>
>>8448915
Maths is the least fucking study-intensive subject if you have half a brain. Calc 1 is simple as shit, if someone struggles with it they've no mind for logic.
>>
>>8447994
>everyone assumes themselves to have high intelligence
... not "everyone" fgt pls
>>
>>8448490
Tenacity and proper overcompensation can be used to acheive what one is lacking in brains or brawn if you attempt to somewhat fix these issues while putting up a front. If no one assumes you're lacking in something and you cover your weakpoints without drawing attention to them no one will realize theres an issue. Denial will ruin this completely though, be it self denial or denying faults to someone who recognizes them because then you look really insecure.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.