[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever find yourself being targeted by your professor for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Do you ever find yourself being targeted by your professor for being too smart or doing too well on your assignments?

After getting 100s over and over, I'll encounter an assignment where I get one little thing wrong and they mark me -15 for it or something.

I recently had a professor not answer my email question and then mark me wrong on it when I turned it in.
>>
>>8446914
You are irrelevant for professors.
>>
>>8446914

You have a shitty professor then.
>>
>>8446914
In a recent test I needed to prove something and to do it I applied a theorem that needs 2 conditions to work.

The first condition was implicit in the hypothesis so I just proved that the other condition happened and then applied the theorem.

I got -5 points for not explicitly stating the other condition.

Oh well... still an A.
>>
>>8446914

In non-STEM classes I've had a number of professors accuse me of plagiarism, usually in subtle ways like

>Prof: This work needs to be in _your_own_words_
>Me: Uhm, it is my own original writing.
Prof: Oh really????
>Me: Yes. Feel free to run it through turnitin.com or whatever if you don't believe me.
>Prof: No... it's okay, I believe you.

Why wouldn't you just check the assignment when I handed it in instead of being all accusatory?!?!

I think this has two causes: (1) I actually know how to write a coherent English sentence which is something most college students can't do these days (especially with all the Xiaopings and Hadjis at U.S. colleges these days), and (2) I'll usually take classes at a community college if they'll transfer because why pay like three times more? Unfortunately, this frequently lumps me in with CC general education brainlets.

I guess I could write more retardedly to fit in, but then I wouldn't be able to 10/10 all my assignments and decide to "fuck it, I'm just gonna get drunk" sometimes, since I give fuck all about grades right now.

Honestly, I'm so glad I'm going to get my BSEE soon so I never have to deal with academia bullshit ever again. Yes, I know, I'll be sure to suck plenty of cocks for you while I'm making bank, /sci/.
>>
>>8446916
Literally this, the prof prob doesn't even know your name.
>>
Not me OP, I'm too dumb. But so is everyone else at my school. I actually stand out slightly, some profs even know my name, but im still dum so it dont matter.
>>
Yes this shit happens all the time.

I'm a Teaching Assistant and sometimes the professor wants me to grade stuff with him so he can explain his grading to me. He frequently does the following

1. Deduct more because "that student should have known better"
2. Deduct fewer points for females
3. Randomly deduct different points for the same wrong answers, he doesnt realize he does this and I can't be bothered to point this out to him and have to fix all of the grades

Professors are people, and unless you go to a very good school odds are they are not particularly talented in their field. So expect bullshit.
>>
>>8446914
Prof. is probably not doing the marking, that usually gets outsourced to some TA/postgrad schmuck.
>>
>>8446914
>targeted for being too smart
wat
>>
>>8448825
This. My school actually uses a different system where TA #1 marks question 1, TA #2 marks question 2, maybe the prof marks question 3, etc

Helps to eliminate bias and reduces incidence of "pity passes" and arbitrarily deducting points from high achievers like OP. Works out well
>>
>>8446914

It's probably you are a pretentious annoying little twat in class and not raising you hand and interrupting other students because you're an autistic little fucker.

I run into kids like this everyday. It's our job to take you down a notch, and humble you.
>>
>>8446914
are you an undergrad? If so, no one cares.

If you're a grad student, they're doing it for a reason you probably got slack.
>>
>>8448999
Does anyone seriously raise their hand in a college classroom? I never have and always considered those who do as juvenile.

Every class I've been in where questions are encouraged has always been an open discussion
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.