[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can Darwin's evolution theory be proved? And I mean PROVED.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 140602_evolution.jpg (27KB, 620x428px) Image search: [Google]
140602_evolution.jpg
27KB, 620x428px
Can Darwin's evolution theory be proved?

And I mean PROVED. Not "yeah we got similar genes so probably" but "YES, because of this and that"
>>
*proven

no
>>
>>8444495
evolution = mutation X survival of the fittest
which both are proven by science and even observable in nature by everyone.
>>
>>8444499
Sorry, I used the wrong words.

Can the theory that humans evolved from ancient creatures such as the chimpanzee be proven? Such as the image I posted.
>>
>>8444505
Read this. Really read it, don't just browse. Get back with real questions.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution
>>
>>8444495
Nothing can definitely be "proved" in science. The best conclusion you can get is seeing the evidence for yourself and deciding if it makes the most sense. Gravity can't be proven, the big bang can't be proven but they all have substantial evidence that points to the fact that it might be that way.
>>
>>8444511
1 = 1 q.e.d
fuck you
>>
>>8445197
math isn't science
>>
>>8444505
>evolved from ancient creatures such as the chimpanzee
You want to know how I know you're either trolling or retarded ?
>>
the core theory of evolution, that traits can vary in frequency in a population, is trivially true. you can simulate it yourself on a piece of paper.

so yes, it can and has been proven.
>>
File: fuckingretarded.gif (427KB, 1677x1026px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingretarded.gif
427KB, 1677x1026px
>>8444495
The image you posted is "the walk of man" an inaccurate depiction of how evolution and natural selection works, it was popularized by an anthropologist in some journal widely published so now all laymans think evolution and natural selection are linear as fuck processes which seek to perfect shit. Combine that with the survival of the fittest quote misinterpreted again and you get a fucked skewed view of the process of evolution. An image that creationists like to use to discredit evolution.

Also hominids didn't evolve from chimpanzees they are a contemporary of our species, a much more modern one.

We are still evolving apes who think math is a science and we evolved from chimpanzees.
>>
File: 0000.gif (402KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
0000.gif
402KB, 250x250px
>>8444495
Essentially. Have a (child or children). Their DNA is not the same as yours. Now (try to) imagine your children, their children, and their children etc... And imagine that with everyone and all the living things. That's evolution.
You won't live to see stuff change unless you observe many generations of something with an extremely short lifespan.
>>
>>8444495
>science
>proving
top kek
>>
>>8444495
It can't be falsified either. It's unfalsifiable.
>>
>>8444495
Evolution is basically a self proving doctrine (kind of like climate change). So not really a monumental statement to say genetic mutations happen and there is a slow change in DNA over time.

Darwin proposed Natural Selection. So mutations that benefit a species are more likely to be passed on than one that does not or actually is negative.

So basically i) changing DNA over time is a self evident fact and ii) Natural Selection is a theory that has a lot of evidence to support.
>>
>>8444495
Please fuck off.

I hate the janitors on this board so goddamn much.

Learn what the fuck a scientific theory is. Do some reading on the limits of the scientific method and the philosophy of science. Then pose an informed question.
>>
>>8444495
It can't because it's not true, it's been thoroughly proven that our Lord and Savior Yahweh created world and all the living in 6 days and that's a fact, it's not to be discussed
>>
>>8445430
>unfalsifiable
babby's new word
>>
>>8445430
If you can find anachronistic fossils then you could attempt to falsify it.
>>
>>8444495
I think you need to learn what "the scientific method" is friend.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.