[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are med students and doctors such stuck up cunts who think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1474251910801.jpg (929KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474251910801.jpg
929KB, 1920x1080px
why are med students and doctors such stuck up cunts who think they know more about nutrition than nutritionists, microbiology than microbiologists, better scientists than biologists or know more about sports science more than sports scientists, regardless of their field of specialization?

jesus fucking christ I hate doctors so much.
biologists and pharmacologists are the ones doing the real scientific work. doctors are nothing but overpaid technicians.
>>
>>8441714
They know every one of those things relevant to general human disease and their own patient populations [in a specific area].
Nutritionists would be a but too specific in some ways but I agree they are more important. pharmacy is redundant, only ones doing the actual work or researchers who actually develop shit. >Sports medicine and biologist
lol. way to broad and it depends on the specialty. All I hear is a butthurt Med lab technician upset about their shit pay lol
>>
>>8441714
Tell me who rustled your jimmies and I'll give you an honest answer.
>>
>>8441714
Get back to me when you get a MD and PHD, brainlet.
>>
>>8441714
Was it this anon?
>>8441818
>>
>>8441714
Can one of y'all make a program that spits out possible diagnoses when you input symptoms? Would solve the stupid doctor problem overnight.
>>
>>8441826
Lab testing is very close to this. It's why docs ask for a lot of bloodwork and biopsies.
>>
>>8441826
>make a program
>program
LOL what it like knowing you fell for the CS meme?
>>
>>8441714
MD-PhD student here (PhD in microbiology).
I obviously don't know how things are in your country, but at least here it is absolutely not true. Many doctors are definitely stuck-up cunts, but we have nutritionists/dietitians in all hospitals, and we send the patients to them to decide their menus. What the doctors do know though, is what foods to definitely avoid due to drug/disease interactions and what foods might generally help, so they can give good guidelines. For sports medicine, there are doctors who spepcialize in this, and their level of understanding is astounding, other doctors won't presume to know too much except which of their patients should rest and which of their patients should "work out". A possible exception is orthopedists who can tell you which joints and muscles you should avoid stressing.
I will dedicate a separate post to microbiology, since it's my field.
>>
>>8442156
As for microbiology, since I study both microbiology as a PhD and medicine, I can tell you the knowledge doctors and researchers have in this field is incredibly different (more than any other field IMO). In my MD we studied all the pathogenic bacteria/viruses/fungi/protozoa/helminths very thoroughly. We learned all their pathogenic mechanisms, the clinical courses of the diseases, the variability, etc. We learned exactly how effective each class of antibiotic is (or other drugs), what the doses are, what is used in different situations (pregnancy, allergies
), etc. When I just started my PhD break I was shocked by how much more I knew about this than all the microbiologists in our department, but it's because they focus on something completely different. They know things like taxonomy really well, the spectrum of the bacteria that exist, they know the basic biology really well and understand how they generally act in a culture. They know a lot less about specific microorganisms, but have a far deeper understanding of the different possibilities and mechanisms underlying the behavior of all microorganisms.
Both infectious disease doctors and microbiology professors have a lot of knowledge, but the two seem to have little in common.
>>
>>8441826
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tricorder_X_Prize
>>
>>8441714

Because nutrition is a meme degree. And Biology is for people who couldn't cut it for medicine. Sport science is for jocks.
>>
>>8442173
t. smug medfag
>>
>>8442173
>biology is for people who couldn't cut it for medicine

If I wanted to do labour all day instead of research I'd be a car mechanic, not a doctor.
>>
>>8441714
>nutritionists

pls
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.