[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you buy new books every semester? Rent? Or do ebook-textbooks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0842.jpg (45KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0842.jpg
45KB, 620x350px
Do you buy new books every semester?
Rent?
Or do ebook-textbooks?

Registered for my final semester and just my textbooks alone will run $1200

Not sure if worth it to buy just to add to bookshelf collection
>>
File: 983293IMG1757.jpg (3MB, 3648x5472px) Image search: [Google]
983293IMG1757.jpg
3MB, 3648x5472px
Buy the basics (for me as a med fag: anatomy, physiology...) and rent those who are useful only to pass your exams.
>>
>>8438334
I only buy books with 100% refund return policies. I take pictures of every single page of the book and return the book.
>>
>>8438334
>buying books
You realize genlib exists right?
>>
>>8438355
Genlib?
Gonna have to google this
>>
>>8438334
bookzz.org

also, 'course reserves' - professors put books on reserve in the departmental libraries so that students can check them out for limited amounts of time (often a few hours a day per person with the condition that you can't take the book out of the building)

if you go to a shit community college, course reserves may not be available
>>
>>8438334
Uni libraries are your friend.
Get an earlier edition if the required one is withdrawn.
Haven't bought a single book this semester thank fuck.
>>
File: 9cd.png (92KB, 475x355px) Image search: [Google]
9cd.png
92KB, 475x355px
>>8438354
Thief.
>>
>>8438334
Ebooks and print books from the library.
>>
>>8438334
I buy them used if I need the whole book
>>
>>8438334
I've only gone through 2 semesters. Professors always recommend textbooks but I never get then. They always bring problems to class themselves and teach from their mind.

When the professors literally write down every single theorem on the board your notebook becomes a textbook if you can also prove them without too much trouble. When I can't prove something I get fucked because a good proof is nowhere to be found on the internet if the theorem is too obscure.

I guess that will bring me trouble when I get to topology and analysis but I wouldn't mind buying textbooks for that.
>>
>>8438408
Oh, nevermind. Here the math department has a private library only for students and in the morning you can take textbooks for a class. So when I get to topology I will just take the proofs from the textbooks. Ez pz.
>>
>>8438334
I literally download all of them. Worst case scenario I go to the library and scan the books I can't find.
>>
INTERNET
N
T
E
R
N
E
T
>>
>>8438334

I buy new books every months. Not only science book, but must have like " How to win friends and influence people " or " The 4 hour week"
>>
I buy my science books because that's what I'm majoring in and I want them for my personal collection. The rest are pirated or rented. I did get a book scholarship though so it's no money out of my pocket.
>>
>>8438334
>study in 3rd world uni
>teachers scan the books themselves and send via emails
>>
after freshman year I never bought another textbook that homework questions didn't come directly out of (mostly just math classes). I miss maybe 1 or 2 questions on each test and save shitload of money.
>>
File: Scihub_raven.png (59KB, 172x336px) Image search: [Google]
Scihub_raven.png
59KB, 172x336px
>>8438334
>Do you buy new books every semester?
Lmao no.
I copied every single one of them in the local copy shop,they have very nice business going and have every book from my uni and keep stock so I get it fast,cheap and easy.
>>
>>8438354
>I spend more on data storage than I would have spent on textbooks in the first place
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.