[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why has /sci/ degraded into shitposting? When I look at a thread,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: giphy.gif (941KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
941KB, 480x360px
Why has /sci/ degraded into shitposting? When I look at a thread, I literally see bullshit answers just because they don't agree with OP's question.
>>
>>8437493
>on 4chan
>not expecting to get memed
>>
>>8437509
Would it be worth it to move somewhere else?
>>
>>8437517
Move from your moms basement and into my slave dungeon. I will destroy that boipussy and that feminine dick
>>
>>8437493
Because you touch yourself at night
>>
>>8437538
>>8437535
Nice bait, but this is the reason I made this thread.
>>
>>8437547
Its not a bait im serious i want you to be mine sex toy
>>
>>8437493
It literally always was shit. People on 4chan like to think they are all above average intelligence for some reason when the content of this site probably proves the opposite. A board about science was always going to be flooded with psuedo intellectuals. I don't even want to get started on the people who major in STEM and all of a sudden think they are von Neumann or Shannon tier. I find the conversations on /biz/ to be much more intelligent than the conversations here. /sci/ hasn't degraded, it was always shit m8.
>>
>>8437517
You can go to reddit or ei.ghtchan but eigh.tcham is cancer too. Meybe there are some other sites but i dont know of any more
>>
>>8437557
This is true. But i found that mlp is the mostest intleigentest board out there
>>
>>8437493
Tbh you need to go to Reddit if you want intelligent discussion.
I'm trying to quit 4chan and migrate to Reddit as people here are very stupid.
>>
>>8437493
But you can't agree with a question.
>>
>>8437557
Says u.

I'm smarter than most.

U a dum dum.
>>
because the half smart people of /b/ are realising how shit that board is and they are migrating. /sci/ really needs moderating
>>
>>8437557
My thoughts exactly. I'm surrounded by autists on my uni course who are just full on unsocial bookworms and I could almost guarantee that a few of them post smug shite on here, cashing into the intelligence of other people. The saddest fact is that i'm jealous of their work ethic and determination. I'm a fucking lazy alcoholic monging my way to a degree.
>>
>>8437493
Some /b/ros told me about new place to go.

Just search a bit around you'll find it eventually.
4chan is dead.
Like really.
Now you only get summerfag all year shit-re-posting stuff they found 2 months ago thinking they are going full edgy and being deep

Leave this place.
>>
>>8437646
???
>>
it has always been shitpoisting.
everyone here only posts that nigger astrology guy and carl sagan.
>>
>>8437572
>Tbh you need to go to Reddit if you want intelligent discussion.
Only for the askscience related stuff however. I use those for questions. Something like r/evolution and r/philosophy are still pretty much shit.

I use 4chan for the jokes, and the more "intellectual" boards /his/, /lit/ and /sci/ for book suggestions mostly. And for inspiration what to ask on Reddit askscience subs.
>>
>>8437493
I blame the /pol/ invasion
>>
>>8437572
Reddit's science boards are really just full of unscrupulous failed scientists who just want attention because they can't get it anywhere else. That community is rampant scientism fanatics. At least here there's no concept of identity, so there's less posturing for applause. This place still sucks dick, though. Either everyone's unintelligent or too stupid to know when they've lost an argument.
>>
>>8437517
There are still a few good science forums but if you want anonymity then you're pretty much fucked
>>
>flat earthers are mad they can't troll /sci/
>>
I'm hoping to become a janitor next rotation when they are hiring. I don't think that one guy would really do much though. There is a deep rooted problem with this bird.
>>
>>8438436
Like which ones?
>>
>>8438442
Physics forums
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.