[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw math retarded Seriously is this actually possible? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: mw312.png (8KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
mw312.png
8KB, 252x200px
>mfw math retarded
Seriously is this actually possible? I think of myself as someone above average intelligence, my problem starts with numbers. I have a hard time adding 5 to 3, I dont know how to divide, multiplication is a chore. Anything that require math makes my brain give out and I phase out.
Any bros willing to help me out with my problem, maybe lend out some guidance?
>>
> I think of myself as someone above average intelligence
>. I have a hard time adding 5 to 3, I dont know how to divide, multiplication is a chore
You think wrong. You're not math retarded. You're actually just plain retarded.
>>
>>8437392
Just do khanacademy. Pretty sure he covers low level stuff like addition and multiplication.
>>
>>8437392
This is some bad bait.
>>
Your symptoms are characteristic of "Specific Learning Disability" which is usually associated with things like dyslexia and add. (DSM5)
Intellectually disabled as fuck bro
>>
I know that feel bro... when It's about math I'm pretty dumb. but It's funny how I learn the math behind chemestry or somethig like that much easily
>>
>>8437392
You just had an abysmal education. Math isn't actually beyond anyone barring the legally mentally handicapped and even then, probably not. The trick is extreme personal effort or just having the good fortune of being in the right place at the right time in order to receive a proper education. The reason that anyone can perform math is that math is just logic and anyone with a working brain can follow a train of logic, step by step. Try Khan Academy to get started studying and be diligent.
>>
It's possible to worse than most people at something, but that just means you need more practice.

Drilling yourself on the material would the simplest solution, like with worksheets and such. You eventually remember what 34 divided by 2 is, the same way you remember how to spell a word.
>>
>>8437512
op here, I have a BA in both translation and psychology. I used to work as a conference interpreter which I believe requires some degree of intelligence. Also it seems I memorize things a lot quicker than my peers. Anything requiring brain power dealing with numbers fucks my shit up.

Have started khan academy, will see how it goes.
>>
Op,
Look up illusory superiority. I've never heard of someone having trouble adding single digit numbers unless they have some sort of intellectual disability. Have you been tested?

Your grammar and sentence structure don't necessarily suggest you're above or below average intelligence, so, maybe you have dyscalculia?

How did you make it through grade school without being able to add single digits, tho?
>>
>>8437814
Yeah, I'm calling bait, too. You have a bachelors degree? Even absolute shit schools make students take college algebra, which, admittedly, is easy, but you need to know basic arithmetic to pass it.

And if your degree is in psychology why do you need us to tell you you may have an intellectual disability?
>>
>>8437823
It's not that I cant actually add 5 to 3 rather that I would count it out or use my fingers. I'm leaning towards dyscalculia atm. I got through grade school taking my sweet ass time for every question that was ever presented to me.
>>
File: msms2.png (20KB, 638x547px) Image search: [Google]
msms2.png
20KB, 638x547px
>>8437828
Out of hope that an anon comes out saying they were the same way and later fixed their math retardation.
>>
>>8437842
I had roughly a 5th grade level of competence in mathematics at the age of 25 until I finally just got so sick and tired of being terrified by math that I dedicated my entire life to studying and thereby conquering that weakness. After about a year, I had made it to the average college level which, while not much, is a hundred times better than where I was when I started and I'm no longer afraid of math. I'm still improving but the point is that you can improve if you make an effort at it. Change comes when the pain of action becomes less than that of inaction. How fed up are you with your own ignorance?
>>
>>8437571
I see this often and am in the same boat. My personal idea behind it is that you see something more tangible behind the numbers rather than just raw numbers which hold no meaning for you. Because of this it's easier to learn and try.

Same reason why some people can't learn history for shit.
>>
>>8437876
I was in a similar situation and now wrapping up a degree in mathematics.
>>
I'm going to make an admission here.

I am kind of shit at arithmetic. Doesn't make you a retard. I'm really good at conceptual and symbolic stuff, but when I start adding/subtracting numbers manually things don't work out. I have ADHD and dysgraphia.

I also happen to have my name on a plaque at one of my former schools for top honors in physics and calc, and had a research fellowship as an undergrad.

Just focus on learning the logic. If god wanted us to spend our whole lives doing basic arithmetic, he wouldn't have invented calculators.

Also. You might be retarded, but don't let that stop you.
>>
>>8437876
I think a good percentage of math majors go this route. It's all about the mindset. Most people in the world are terrible at math, but only a small percentage go out of their ways to personally better themselves in it.

I am currently working my way through khan academy, and I want to take a path into getting a degree in mathematics.
>>
>>8437931
God didn't invent calculators
>>
You probably have discalcula. It means simple number adding is super hard. This doesent really have anything to do with inteligence, rather it has to do with your brains natural ability to add numbers and quickly remember tables.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.