[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a scientific way to help me stop drinking? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: there-is-nothing-like-a-cold-vb.jpg (80KB, 404x500px) Image search: [Google]
there-is-nothing-like-a-cold-vb.jpg
80KB, 404x500px
Is there a scientific way to help me stop drinking? I've been hospitalized many times for alcohol related issues and got put in a mental ward twice. I can stop for a couple days but i always end up drinking again. Iv'e been to meetings but that made me want to drink more. Is there some scientific mental hack i can use?
>>
>>8436055
antabuse?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disulfiram
of course you can simply refuse to take the pills
>>
>>8436055
Antabus
>>
>>8436055
get a hobby. and another idea is hypnosis but i have no idea if it would work
>>8436066
>>8436069
this just will just make a 10x worse hangover has all sorts of side effects and can actually be dangerous.
>>
>>8436055
Stop drinking VB's and move onto some better piss
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naltrexone
>It is not fully understood how Naltrexone works to reduce the craving for alcohol, but some scientists believe it works by decreasing the reinforcing effects of alcohol in certain neural pathways in the brain. This involves the neurotransmitter dopamine, as well as others.
>For those who are addicted to opioids, Naltrexone works by blocking the effects of drugs like heroin and cocaine in the brain. As an opioid receptor antagonist, Naltrexone simply blocks the normal reaction of the part of the brain that produces the feeling of pleasure when opioids are taken.
>>
File: Macchinetta.jpg (284KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Macchinetta.jpg
284KB, 600x600px
Allow your self to drink only two parts of strong coffee with one part of conhaque, (all day long for alcooholics) and them little glass of white and red wine, throught out the day go back to the coffee and the wines,

dont touch the beer for some time (couple months) stay only with your coffee conhaque and wines, no limits, small glass,

if you have to drink beer, keep it to a glass or two before go to sleep,

if you can keep this diet for some time you will start to get control, and no hang hovers,

*** trick: the first coffee with conhaque is very nice, but after wile you get feed up then switch to wines, white and red (dry), and go back to coffee, this will keep your alcool levels all right, and you wont be drunk, but you must avoid the beer for the first few months, them when you allow your self a beer will be more moderated,
>>
Get an implant which will make you feel very sick and possibly kill you if you drink alcohol
>>
You can can think and feel the things you think and feel when drunk without drinking. You are allowed.
>>
>>8436066
>>8436069
I got presribed some meds the times i was in hospital but i never take them all. I don't even know what they were.

>>8436328
Its the very best m8

>>8436431
I'll have this in mind today and see how i go
>>
>>8436055
Yes, death.
>>
Take antibuse. You will literally fucking die if you drink on it. Problem solved.
>>
Dear op,
Go to an alcoholics anonymous meeting , i know that there is a lot of hate yowards it , but it has the best long term recovery statistics , the only requirements for membership are a desire to stop drinking and doing drugs,drug substitution does NOT work , my proof is that my parents used to drink and take lots of drugs and have now been sober for over 20 years and i have never seen them drunk or high , step one is admitting that you are an alvoholic and have no control over your addiction
I hope you get into revovery soon
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.