[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it even be psychologically possible to feel happy doing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: sisyphus.jpg (63KB, 390x357px) Image search: [Google]
sisyphus.jpg
63KB, 390x357px
Would it even be psychologically possible to feel happy doing a hard, repetetive task with no reward or meaning?
>>
I know some people who are married and seem happy
>>
>>8435145
How much does it pay?
>>
>>8435192
No reward
>>
>>8435145
Only if you're the best at it
>>
>>8435145
Yes.
>>
>>8435145
Camus was thinking that Sisyphus was happy because after a long, strenuous task, he had to walk back down and think of whatever the fuck he wanted. He could remember the good times, think of what the Earth looks like now, and remember that the reason he's doing this task is because he tricked the gods multiple times. When he pushes the boulder however, he thinks of nothing but the task at hand. He hasn't got time to think of the beautiful landscape of Earth or his eternal punishment, all he has to think about is that boulder. Really the only reason why Sisyphus is happy is because he is only aware of his punishment when he walks down that hill and can think of anything; his only time where the gods cannot control his thoughts or actions.
>>
>>8435233
Then kill your boss on the first day, and give yourself a vacation.
>>
File: wageslave.jpg (253KB, 2048x1447px) Image search: [Google]
wageslave.jpg
253KB, 2048x1447px
>>8435145

I don't know, ask a wageslave.
>>
>>8435301
>Really the only reason why Sisyphus is happy is because he is only aware of his punishment when he walks down that hill and can think of anything
not really. The full quote is "The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart, we must imagine Sisyphus happy".
The whole point of his writings is finding your own purpose in a universe that gives 0 fucks about you.
>>
>>8435301

>"we must imagine Sisyphus happy"

means we as human beings must imagine ourselves happy even as we live lives full of repetitive drudgery.
>>
it's a quote about how much better men are than women because men enjoy doing things for the sake of doing it and women enjoy the reward for doing the thing
>>
>>8435145
I went through a purgatory experience on DXM (was doing the same thing over and over while not sure if I was being dead or not because of how real it was) and one of the reasons I got through it was because of this book.

The Earth and everything around you is so beautiful, yet we grow apart from it looking at things that don't even exist. At fantasies we may feel we have been robbed of or the life we wish we had. What you have now and always have had is always there with you and a part of you, as is the entire universe.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.